The Next General Election.

TIGHTCHOKE

Excuse the rough figures here before I get lambasted

£10k earnings - £150 NI - 0 PAYE - Total £150  = 1.5%

£20K earnings - £ 1,400 NI - £1,500 PAYE - Total £3.9K =  19%

£40k earnings - £3.8K NI - £5.5K PAYE - Total £9.3K = 23%

£60K earnings -  £5K NI - £11.5K PAYE - Total £16.5K = 27%

£100K earnings - £6k NI - £27K PAYE - Total £33K = 33%

So comparing amounts paid between 20k and 100k, the higher earner pays approx 60% more tax as a overall percentage of their salary

This is proof that if you earn more money you pay more tax whereas Labour rhetoric makes it sound like that people earning more money are somehow getting away without paying their fair share is a load of croc. These figures don't take into account Employers NI either.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, henry d said:

And one of her latest tweets;

Shall we go for a quiet drink in lytham?” 15 hours later.... Wake up in last nights clothes, two of my mates in bed next to me, vomit ALL over the bathroom and 45 minutes til my train to London, having not packed 😂🙈

Lovely lady!

Who's tweet Diane Abbot? 

3 hours ago, henry d said:

And one of her latest tweets;

Shall we go for a quiet drink in lytham?” 15 hours later.... Wake up in last nights clothes, two of my mates in bed next to me, vomit ALL over the bathroom and 45 minutes til my train to London, having not packed 😂🙈

Lovely lady!

I've no idea what she gets up to, but what she put certainly looks like labour's plan.

2 hours ago, discobob said:

This is proof that if you earn more money you pay more tax whereas Labour rhetoric makes it sound like that people earning more money are somehow getting away without paying their fair share is a load of croc. These figures don't take into account Employers NI either.

I don't think they like people having choices, those earning more have the nerve to enjoy themselves. 

4 hours ago, discobob said:

Excuse the rough figures here before I get lambasted

£10k earnings - £150 NI - 0 PAYE - Total £150  = 1.5%

£20K earnings - £ 1,400 NI - £1,500 PAYE - Total £3.9K =  19%

£40k earnings - £3.8K NI - £5.5K PAYE - Total £9.3K = 23%

£60K earnings -  £5K NI - £11.5K PAYE - Total £16.5K = 27%

£100K earnings - £6k NI - £27K PAYE - Total £33K = 33%

So comparing amounts paid between 20k and 100k, the higher earner pays approx 60% more tax as a overall percentage of their salary

Its worse than just the tax rate . If you earn over £100k every £2 over reduces your personal allowance by a £1. Over £150k every £2 over reduces your pension threshold by £1 and top rate of tax at £45% applies. 

Just picked this up from momentum FB  page. 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/18/man-drops-dead-job-centre-queue-declared-fit-work-11174319/

Tells the story of a 65 year old man who died of a heart attack while waiting for an interview at a job centre in Wales. 

RIP to the man (who was diabetic) but the comments are something else. 

Apparently, he was murdered by tory austerity! 

Slaughtered by the tories! 

'Forced' to apply for work, and if he hadn't been there, he wouldn't have died! 

Calls to charge xxx tory with manslaughter! 

This is what you're up against, these are the type of people who believe themselves to be intellectually and morally superior to anyone who doesn't agree with their politics. 

And yet, real murderers, terrorists and sexual predators, should be treated with kid gloves, pardoned and helped back into society? 

1 minute ago, henry d said:

I can`t find any evidence for her sleeping on `tinterweb...

Who needs evidence when you have unsubstantiated and unverified twitter memes to use as the basis of decision making?

Applies equally across all political persuasions and preferences.  It is so easy to find something on the internet to re-enforce that fiercely held belief and if it is in the public domain then all is fair.

It is a screen capture from the telly when the person in yellow on the bench behind her was stood talking.  Is she quietly listening and considering what is being said or is she having a snooze?  Maybe the actual video clip would show that, but a still image is so much easier to frame to suit a particular narrative.

I believe ( but may be wrong ) that there are little circular speakers in the backs of the seats ( which can be clearly seen in some photos of alleged sleeping politicians ) which some often lean towards during debates, giving the impression ( if the eyes are lowered ) that the person is asleep, when in truth they are listening to the sound from the speakers. I’m not saying that some DONT nod off, but it’s more than likely not the case. 

Edited by Scully

16 minutes ago, henry d said:

I can`t find any evidence for her sleeping on `tinterweb...

I don't know if she's blinking or asleep,  the important thing is she hasn't been doing what her constituents wanted,  which was Brexit.  So hopefully she will be punted next month. 

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

What a complete waste of time that hour long "debate" on ITV was and what a complete waste of space both of them are...

agreed, Boris is by far the most agile mind but was a bit like a half trained puppy, never the less he landed his punches , Corbyn often looked out of his depth, a bit lost and he kept evading questions about Brexit. Did he think nobody would notice????? sorry ???

Heaven's sake, if you are Leader of the Opposition and you go on a Live debate on National TV. Don't you think it wise to do some preparation? rehearse some question and answer scenarios, get all your little ducks in a row?

He looked like he just turned up expecting to wing it, well it clearly didn't work did it? 

Edited by Vince Green

im sorry but i rekon the whole lot were a shower of ****................and why they chose Etchingham to do the moderating is beyond me....she did it last time ....she would be better off in Blue Peter..........

the other bunch that was on at 10......Farage seemed to be the most genuine

quite honestly it was a disaster all around and a waste of time..........

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

agreed, Boris is by far the most agile mind but was a bit like a half trained puppy, never the less he landed his punches , Corbyn often looked out of his depth, a bit lost and he kept evading questions about Brexit. Did he think nobody would notice????? sorry

Heaven's sake, if you are Leader of the Opposition and you go on a Live debate on National TV. Don't you think it wise to do some preparation? rehearse some question and answer scenarios, get all your little ducks in a row?

He looked like he just turned up expecting to wing it, well it clearly didn't work did it? 

Talking of preparations, his glasses were well wonky and looked smeared to me. He had a simple way out of the question by saying he’d decide which option to promote once he’d established what the details of the deal he’d negotiate are or state unambiguously that he would be impartial (which I think is what he was trying to get at). Hopelessly amateur.

If Boris was any good he’d have totally put him to the sword. Yes, he’s better than Corbyn but I’d expect the man off the street to do better than Corbyn with a couple of hours coaching.

Boris came across very Trump-esque, constantly repeating sound bytes etc.

The winners out of that debacle will be the Brexit Party and Lib Dems.

I can't believe the yougov poll shows 51% in favour of Boris and 49% Corbyn based on that debate - I have not checked the website but heard it on the radio in the car. Mental

If those figures are true at least the public are able to answer a simple binary question (although perhaps they only have two buttons to choose from).

Edited by Raja Clavata

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

They were both poor; the public has judged Johnson to have been very marginally less poor - and I think I would agree with that.

Me too. 

Boris was bad, too repetitive, too blustery, he could have been way better, he has been. 

Corbyn, worse, the man sounded ill. And, as Raja said, could have given some kind of answer to the Brexit question. 

The silence was deafening. 

Just now, Rewulf said:

Corbyn, worse, the man sounded ill.

I also thought he both sounded and looked ill.  However - he is in place as a stooge - the real power lies with others most of whom are not elected MPs. (McLusky, Seaumus Milne, Jon Lansman) as well as a few MPs, particularly (former?) Marxist John McDonnell.

In the event that Labour did win a majority you can bet Corbyn would be largely sidelined, with decisions being taken by others.

10 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

They were both poor; the public has judged Johnson to have been very marginally less poor - and I think I would agree with that.

Me too, take out the half truths, lies, ********, unanswered questions, bluster and deliberate lack of candour and there you have it!....the standards of the two politicians on offer!............