The Next General Election.

TIGHTCHOKE

52 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Unless there have been recent changes I've missed. He has promised not to stand against hardcore ERG members. I'm not 100% sure but I think that means any ERG member who never voted for May's deal.

Sadly political egos are involved so I don't see an official agreement coming out. Hopefully though people will vote tactically. A Con. vote in the Labour heartlands is wasted, but the BP could steal some seats, especially with extra support. My father is a lifelong Con. voter but I'm pretty sure his X will be going on the BP this time around.

I suppose a coalition is possible but hopefully it won't be needed. I'd rather a Con. majority with BP backing.

It seems to be a recent development, mentioned in today’s Telegraph and a couple of YouTube vids.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Rewulf said:

That wasn't a dig at you, I was referring to Farage :good:

No probs pal, my brain and typing skills are sometimes on different pages. . . If I was at school today I would have dyslexia but back in the good old 70's & 80's I was labelled as other things

55 minutes ago, Shearwater said:

No probs pal, my brain and typing skills are sometimes on different pages. . . If I was at school today I would have dyslexia but back in the good old 70's & 80's I was labelled as other things

Don’t let that prevent you from posting.

Labour have some truly stupid views on voting age.

If you are over 70 you are not mentally sharp enough to think rationally - Corbyn would fit this category. 

If you are 16 you are adult enough to vote - unless you are a Jihadi bride, in which case, you are incapable of thinking properly.

Edited by Gordon R

4 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Labour have some truly stupid views on voting age.

Amended for you.

1 minute ago, B725 said:

Trying to bar over 70s is an insult and at 16 they would have no idea only what they are told.

So the 16+ who have not yet contributed anything get to decide how a lifetimes (for most working people) of taxes and NI contributions are spent - and those who made contributions all their lives get no say in how their lifetimes contributions are spent.  Brilliant thinking.

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

So the 16+ who have not yet contributed anything get to decide how a lifetimes (for most working people) of taxes and NI contributions are spent - and those who made contributions all their lives get no say in how their lifetimes contributions are spent.  Brilliant thinking.

Couldn't have put it better. 

12 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Amended for you.

Does any one expect anything else from them?

2 minutes ago, Penelope said:

What's he going to do

He's a Labour politician.  Privately educated (fee paying independant Catholic school) long series of 'student' sessions (unlike Corbyn he did get his degree and masters) followed by various trades union roles in National Union of Public Employees and National Union of Mine Workers followed by a seat in the GLC then Parliament. 

Doesn't actually do 'work' or understand what it means to 'earn a living'.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Amended for you.

As I said they have no idea.