Sign in to follow this  
Shearwater

Puppy food - all the same?

Hi all

Just got a new lab pup and it's been a while since I had one so young ( 9 weeks ) I don't seem to have a problem keeping dogs lean and fit but would like to know if all pup biscuits are the same-ish or is a preferred brand/type used by you guys?

Cheers

Depends how much you want to spend. Allaboutdogfood.co.uk is a great website

Mine was on Lilys Kitchen dry puppy food as a puppy for the first 6 months and then moved onto Millies Wolfheart or Eden, both great foods. 

Aimee @ A1

Don't skimp on puppy food. Buy purpose made stuff which is more expensive than mature dog food. 

I used Skinners puppy food for nine months and found it to be very good. Don't forget to add lots of food leftovers like greens, potatoes and gravy

As above pick a good food and stick with it until pup has stopped growing, around 12 months I have a 7 month old labrador feeding it Arden Grange. 

Pet's at home "back to naturals" wet food gets a good rating for the money and is the only food my daughters dog can eat without being ill - Forthglade Puppy is also pretty good for the price but can be hard to source.