Impact mk2

figgy

After deciding I'd like a FX stx barrel air rifle I wanted a FX Dreamline the Tactical with the adjustable AR type stock, with a carbon bottle. After looking online at these change the gun parts to get what you want. The gun works out only a couple of hundred pounds short of a impact MK2. More than I wanted to spend but a higher flagship gun within the FX range with more adjustable bits. Makes more sense to try and get hold of a impact. Especially as seem to be lots of dreamlines in dealers not going anywhere so not seeming as popular as I thought they'd be.

My question is what sort of anti tamper has been done to the impacts in sub 12 power other than putting a cap over the valve adjuster. I'd like to be able to play with the reg pressures and hammer springs etc to get the most consistent spread within the limit, not have someone just set at a norm in a minute or two and left at that.

What's the PigeonWatch airgunners thoughts.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, figgy said:

Shops I talked to had been getting some through. Said batches are coming in now, hopefully you'll get yours. My usual dealer said Christmas but that could be march knowing asi.

Lots of fac ones around shortage seems to be sub 12 ones.

Could you not get a FAC and Taylor to suit, or would it not be worth it?

Hand on heart - don't be bamboozled into thinking that FX are the Rolls Royce of the Airgun world - once you get over £750 ish most Rifles performance are similar - the build quality on my Wildcat is not, in my opinion, up to that of my S410 - engineering wise at least, the use of push fit pins that can fall out whenever they like is unacceptable on guns at this price - 3 months of FX ownership = trigger failure, indexing issues and Reg jam + £100 service/tinker - AA S410 10 years of ownership = indexing post replacement (messed up by previous owner) £13 not one other issue, failure or hiccup. If you buy an FX make sure your dealer has an impeccable reputation for warranty work and is nearby - not trying to put you off but a little caution might save you considerable hassle. 

Bruno it's why I'm only looking at the new models.  How you finding the trigger and accuracy of the Wildcat now it's sorted.

Have to agree that FX seem to have some material design issues for a high end gun. Watched a video on a rewiw after 2000 shots in a dreamline, magnet fell out of cocking handle and had to be glued back in, the first stage on the trigger wouldn't reset as all the hammer spring tension is sat against the the trigger plate and not like other FX triggers.  Only have to look at Daystate and Brockock over last few years. Weirauch with leaky HW 100 and barrel teething troubles. They all have them with new designs. 

A watch of Ernest Rowe's videos on the FX guns is good. Improvement and repair.

I like the look and innovation, also the new barrels seem mighty accurate out to distance.

My Daystate is a pellet on pellet at 25 yards but just fancy a FX to try. 

I shot a new mark 2 impact few weeks ago. .177 sub 12. Had a high end falcon target scope on with moa adjustable mounts. Accu tac bipod and donny Fl mod. It felt very well engineered. And the guy was hitting the golf balls hanging from trees every now and then at 150m. Just felt like a nice rifle on the bench anyway. 

Try Braces of Bristol. Dan may have some in

6 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Hand on heart - don't be bamboozled into thinking that FX are the Rolls Royce of the Airgun world - once you get over £750 ish most Rifles performance are similar - the build quality on my Wildcat is not, in my opinion, up to that of my S410 - engineering wise at least, the use of push fit pins that can fall out whenever they like is unacceptable on guns at this price - 3 months of FX ownership = trigger failure, indexing issues and Reg jam + £100 service/tinker - AA S410 10 years of ownership = indexing post replacement (messed up by previous owner) £13 not one other issue, failure or hiccup. If you buy an FX make sure your dealer has an impeccable reputation for warranty work and is nearby - not trying to put you off but a little caution might save you considerable hassle. 

That sounds like cost cutting to me, there aren't many companies these days that won't put budget over quality,  and push fittings sounds like cost cutting on assembly as well. 

1713063399_Screenshot_20191031-123029_SamsungInternet.jpg.8b9630549bdc9b802bd3acc6f05c4791.jpg

3 hours ago, rapid .25 said:

I'm pretty certain that once an air rifle is registered as fac it remains fac and can't be put back to sub 12.

I'm looking at the post above,  I've read elsewhere that once a rifle is fac that's it but why? There could well be bargains out there.

Accuracy and trigger are spot on Figgy but they are on the AA S410 - might be 25 years of precision engineering that makes me a tad critical when I see cost cutting on a gun costing so much but it shouldn't even be possible for a trigger component to just "fall out" whenever it fancies it - the MK2 are built the same and the impact trigger unit looks remarkably similar.

8 hours ago, Arron yeates said:

Try Braces of Bristol. Dan may have some in

My mates just traded his Steyr semi auto in on one in .22 for shooting squirrels. Seems a lot of money to me but I suppose if airguns are your main thing then have the best. He is very happy with it

Yes I traded in my Steyr Pro X last  week for a .22 Impact MK2 at Braces and so far it has been spot on. Whoever had it before me had not tightened the barrel properly so would presume that's why they traded it back in (the grub screw was just about to fall out so the barrel was moving which is probably why they had traded it back in) This is my 3rd Impact and I must be one of the lucky ones as I have never had a problem with any of them. My .177 X barrel Impact now has a Pard 008 LRF night scope on it which is superb. That Impact has had probably in excess of 10,000 pellets through it and not missed a beat.

Search my threads should be a few pics of my guns.i have a few add ons to mine now pushing the price up but there additional parts not rifle changing parts. Mines always been bang on very well made great to shoot. 

His one is blue with union jack paint job? He did that one for the extreme bench rest comp in America. But as you know the brocock bantam sniper won the 100m championships 

As long as you have a slot on your ticket for a barrel in the other calibres .

So .25 slot and .177 slot and .30 slot .

And corresponding slots for any other pressure baring parts.like moderators 

And pellet probes , magazines (prehaps)? 

Thats a lot of slots on ticket for 1 gun .