figgy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, figgy said:

Managed to get a impact MK2 in silver, only had .22 so looks like a barrel and probe in near future. 

Shop also has two black ones in .22.

Missed out on a .177 silver that sold this morning. 

Now for the 7 hour round trip to go collect it.

Silver sounds a bit strange but why not, a seven hour round trip 😮 hope the traffic is kind to you.

Just collected it from Chris the manager at D.A.I.Leisure. 

After speaking with Jack in the shop this afternoon, they couldn't have been more helpful.

Filled the gun with air, a nice free tin of JSB's in the case too. 

Proper old fashioned customer service, Chris is going phone me Monday see how I'm getting on with it. 

Mice it's the silver action with all the other bits black.

Whatever floats your boat styling wise, but I think I must be getting on a bit 'coz that doesn't do it for me. I'm sure it'll be a tack driver though. So if its a tool not an ornament then fair play. 

Still not as fugly as an R10 mind. 

Edited by Mr.C

I have shot approx 110 for 40bar of air. My reg looks to be set at around 75/80 bar so I won't get what others do with reg at 50bar.

Just don't the maths and that works out at approx 470 shots.  It could be more as I haven't shot it till it drop off.

Put it over the chrono and it's got a maximum spread of 10 FPS, most were within a few FPS.

What is surprising is just how accurate I'm finding it. Ended with a five shot group at 30 yards that had all in a hole 8mm, one hole where three pellets just clipped the edges other pellet clean through. That was bending over resting on a fence. 

Trigger is a bit heavier than I am used to, will wait a bit for it to bed in before tinkering with weight of second stage.

The shroud has what I thought was a silencer but opened it up and it's empty with just a cone with a Matt finish in the end. Makes near no noise. Much better than other silencers I have.

The gun feels about two thirds of the weight of my Daystate Huntsman and a bit shorter. Not as comfortable to shoulder and head position is different. Needs getting used to from classic hunting guns.

Edited by figgy

Think higher mounts might be a future mod. Makes the scope to barrel high it's 2.75" now. Any can't error pellet will be way off.

The extended trigger guard is silly money £125.00, a picatiny extender rail is about a tenner off fleabay.

There are a whole raft of bits for them,mist at fancy prices.

The mono pod got the but looks good, saves the need of a bag.

I have a pic rail mounted torch to add, free with scope from optics warehouse. 

Off to a range tomorrow to give it a proper work out.

On 02/11/2019 at 15:58, Whitebridges said:

You should have some fun with that figgy. Enjoy and please put some targets up. I'd love to know what the shot count is like in the real world as opposed to the factory quoted figures.

Right been out to the range today with a full fill of 250bar. The estimate of around 470 I posted is inaccurate.  Fired 560 shots, the pressure guage is still showing just on 100 bar. My reg is set at 75bar.  700 shots in .22 will be possible depending on reg and where speed drops off. Mine is still bang on zero. If weather is ok tomorrow I might have a session and see where it drops off its zero.

2 minutes ago, figgy said:

Right been out to the range today with a full fill of 250bar. The estimate of around 470 I posted is inaccurate.  Fired 560 shots, the pressure guage is still showing just on 100 bar. My reg is set at 75bar.  700 shots in .22 will be possible depending on reg and where speed drops off. Mine is still bang on zero. If weather is ok tomorrow I might have a session and see where it drops off its zero.

560 shots😮😮 that's some shot count,  I would just say top up after each tin of pellets,  you won't go wrong that way.

How was she doing on the range?

7 minutes ago, figgy said:

Brilliant mate 

27 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

How far out did you push the targets today  ? .

91 yards, hitting bits of orange clay pigeon size of my thumb end.  Took half a dozen shots to find it as my mambalite scope ran out of mildots. Set half a dozen clays out on a board at the 91 yard bund banking, shot them easily enough then had fun shooting the bits. Managed fiur bits in a town before wind pushed a few shots wide by an inch or so. The resetting animal targets from 11 to 65 yards were a doddle, unless the wind gusted on the longer ones.