figgy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Mice! said:

65 yards was a doddle, very good shooting. 

91 yards Seems impossible with sub 12 but obviously not. 

Had my lrf with me and club owner said the bank is about 95 yards. I ranged it at 91. 

I went mainly to check my chairgun pro range card was accurate to real world target. It was to within a 1/2 Mildot at 91 yards. Wind could have affected that so will check when no wind.

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Right been out to the range today with a full fill of 250bar. The estimate of around 470 I posted is inaccurate.  Fired 560 shots, the pressure guage is still showing just on 100 bar. My reg is set at 75bar.  700 shots in .22 will be possible depending on reg and where speed drops off. Mine is still bang on zero. If weather is ok tomorrow I might have a session and see where it drops off its zero.

Very impressive figgy. 👍

53 minutes ago, Mice! said:

65 yards was a doddle, very good shooting. 

91 yards Seems impossible with sub 12 but obviously not. 

Mice I don't think it's my shooting but more down to the gun. People are splitting playing cards with them.

As for range their are a few good videos of sub 12 impact mk2's shooting at longer ranges. Pontypool pest control takes a rabbit in the head at 84 yards with a .177. 

Replica reviews shoots a golf ball at 150 yards, take him a while to do but at 100 yards he was very good.

25 minutes ago, figgy said:

Mice I don't think it's my shooting but more down to the gun. People are splitting playing cards with them.

As for range their are a few good videos of sub 12 impact mk2's shooting at longer ranges. Pontypool pest control takes a rabbit in the head at 84 yards with a .177. 

Replica reviews shoots a golf ball at 150 yards, take him a while to do but at 100 yards he was very good.

Rifle might help but the nut at the butt still needs to do its bit, sounds like you're having fun.

Cheers lads yes I'm having fun with it. 

Mice I've been shooting around four decades with little spells off. 

When you learn to shoot you don't forget, just get a little rusty. 

These days with ballistic apps you just follow the mildots or moa or clicks whichever you prefer or scope reticle is marked. Laser Range it look at range card hold what it says then give some for wind if you know the wind speed and direction it will give the hold off and squeeze the trigger. After that it's the gun and pellet combo doing the stuff.

The Daystate I have has a much better trigger, also just as accurate too 40.or 50 yards with me using it.

Edited by figgy

Arron it certainly seems to be a good one and very accurate,i am waiting on a bipod being delivered in a week or so off the bay. All the add on bits you can buy would cost a fortune, the rear monopod looks like a good bit of kit along with a extended trigger guard pic rail. 

16 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, there is a second hand Impact for sale just gone on the UK AGF forum, Nottingham based, bought from Country Ways  

Bargain for someone, wish it came up before i went for mine. For that money you could buy the .177 barrel kit.

4 hours ago, figgy said:

Arron it certainly seems to be a good one and very accurate,i am waiting on a bipod being delivered in a week or so off the bay. All the add on bits you can buy would cost a fortune, the rear monopod looks like a good bit of kit along with a extended trigger guard pic rail. 

Yeah can cost quite alot. Ill let you know what the rear monopod is like when mine arrives. Also if you want to save some money. You can make your own reach forward bipod mount. 

A length of 30mm carbon tube

2 x quick release 30mm scope rings

1 x 30mm scope picatinny accessory mount.

So you would attach the scope rings under the foregrip with the length of your choice or carbon tube with the accessory mount, mount upside down at tge other end of the tube for the picatinny bipod to attach to. Mine sturdy as hell

Yes i know what you mean on forward mount seen it done on YouTube it looks good and clears the carbon bottle, i was looking at picatiny rail extenders 143mm long with around in inch of standoff. Only reason i never bought one is the attachment rail is 61mm long, i would have to cut 30mm off the pic attachment to keep the length leaving only one screw to fix it.

Think i will see how it is when the Atlas clone is fitted, people say its too far back but extend the legs out forward at 45 degrees and its at the front of the gun. 

Your carbon extender will work like a hamster. 

What monopod did you order and is this for your Brockock ?

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Yes i know what you mean on forward mount seen it done on YouTube it looks good and clears the carbon bottle, i was looking at picatiny rail extenders 143mm long with around in inch of standoff. Only reason i never bought one is the attachment rail is 61mm long, i would have to cut 30mm off the pic attachment to keep the length leaving only one screw to fix it.

Think i will see how it is when the Atlas clone is fitted, people say its too far back but extend the legs out forward at 45 degrees and its at the front of the gun. 

Your carbon extender will work like a hamster. 

What monopod did you order and is this for your Brockock ?

Gavyn from Precision rifle systems has designed the Gen 3 model with adjustable monopod and bag rider, he had part of my rifle to model it onto.  Its still being made So when it arrives should be sweet. I use the atlas bipod or the Accu tac F Class bipod at 45 degrees its great and very wide stance. Search my name on here you may be able to find the reach forward mount i made. It wont let me add any more pictures???

7 minutes ago, figgy said:

Just had a look, that is some collection of air rifles you have there.  The forward carbon bipod mount is a long one, no wonder your getting one hole groups, looks very steady. That .22 springer is very accurate.

Those groups were done just leaning off a shooting bag. Good thing to buy is a bubble level to make sure your always level. 

Yeah the springer is very accurate. However i have my days with it where i struggle maybe down to wind. However the tx200 in .177 tuned by sandwell field sporta aswell in the same wind conditions did a 1 hole group at 30m and was hitting golf balls at 70m in wind. I find the .22 harder to shoot but feel the wind effects it more even though u may think the .177 would be more effected.

Yeah the carbon tube can be trimmed at any length to suit. I have some left over from this piece. All my rifles are tuned apart from the bantam and that thing is a tool

20 minutes ago, figgy said:

I will be having a look at carbon tube and two rings. The impact has a short rail.

Good shooting there Arron.

Got mine off ebay mate loads of different finishes. 

Thanks mate. Hows the Impact have you used it any more?try get some group pics up quite curious as id like one of these at some point lol but may have to get rid of one 

Never shot it today, I was curious as to why my scope was around half a Mildot out after chronographing the shot string and inputting the data into chairgun pro.  I'm using a mamba lite 4-16x44 SCB Ret. True Mildot at ten X mag as far as I know. Calibrated it in chairgun at my zero. Adjusted the mag power to match the square and checked to see where it was. Sodding thing was bang on 10x mag. It had been moved off 10 a bit without me realising. 

Took the Hawke vantage off the HW95 set it up  on the Daystate for my son to use until I decide to sell it. Lost the light by time I'd zeroed and calibrated that reticle.

30 yards is about as long as I can get in a straight line at the moment in my garden. When I get the weather and chance I'll do a few groups, still want to see how many shots I get before it drops off.

Had a look online at carbon tube can be had in colours too. I don't want to go too long as the pic rail is only 30mm long for the bipod. Lot of stress on a single clamp if I go long.

5 minutes ago, figgy said:

Never shot it today, I was curious as to why my scope was around half a Mildot out after chronographing the shot string and inputting the data into chairgun pro.  I'm using a mamba lite 4-16x44 SCB Ret. True Mildot at ten X mag as far as I know. Calibrated it in chairgun at my zero. Adjusted the mag power to match the square and checked to see where it was. Sodding thing was bang on 10x mag. It had been moved off 10 a bit without me realising. 

Took the Hawke vantage off the HW95 set it up  on the Daystate for my son to use until I decide to sell it. Lost the light by time I'd zeroed and calibrated that reticle.

30 yards is about as long as I can get in a straight line at the moment in my garden. When I get the weather and chance I'll do a few groups, still want to see how many shots I get before it drops off.

Had a look online at carbon tube can be had in colours too. I don't want to go too long as the pic rail is only 30mm long for the bipod. Lot of stress on a single clamp if I go long.

Yeah totally agree. You can cut it at any length however for the sake of 125 quid the aftermarket one would work great for you. I like chairgun however i downloaded strelock pro. Has all types of scopes and reticles on there and is fulky uodated where as chairgun pro will no longer be updated. 

33 minutes ago, figgy said:

I have the strelock basic app on my phone, wasnt impressed. 

Will look for strelock pro. I wondered where you printed your scope cap.

Ah see the scope cap is done from my mate who we shoot with he hqs his own printing company. We do all the testing qnd calibrations on the Skan chrony or the fx chrony etc and he does the stickers. 

For 11quid strelock pro is fully updated and includes all First focal plane scopes etc. Always being updated and you can email the owner to change and amend things. Also found that if you put your projectile in for me H&N Baracuda Match. What the tin states to what they actually are are two different things. Strelock has all weights and bc's uodated found from others to help you so if you weigh your pellets and like me find 4.52mm are 10.4 grain not average of 10.65 its all there to help

Cheers, I did put my mamba SCB reticle in the correct box as it was listed.  It only lets me put weight in grains and BC still lists as cartridge in the free version. 

Does the pro version work on a computer too or just phone app? I did read a bit on how good strelock is. Managed to find the list for mrad same as mildots for hold over. No option to print cards air scope caps I can find in free one.