How many use boats.

MARSH GUN

I do occasionally use a flat pack 'Portabote' as a taxi to access hard to reach/ quiet foreshore areas and also on the Ouse Washes...... the joy being you dont need a boat ramp to launch it. Given the limitations of the boat i can only do so in relatively benign conditions and wouldnt want to take it out in anything wild.

VRKZ5581.JPG

15 hours ago, guy baxendale said:

I do occasionally use a flat pack 'Portabote' as a taxi to access hard to reach/ quiet foreshore areas and also on the Ouse Washes...... the joy being you dont need a boat ramp to launch it. Given the limitations of the boat i can only do so in relatively benign conditions and wouldnt want to take it out in anything wild.

VRKZ5581.JPG

And very well it served you, too. 👍😉

2 hours ago, captainhastings said:

I like that Freddy. I saw this on youtube the guy and dog have got it sussed

Me and me mate just got one to use in a field that floods so we can closer to where we need to be

It's inflatable so I carry it along the seawall in a rucksack, inflate it and paddle away. Also gives the dog somewhere dry to sit.  If it blows up rough or a bird falls in the strong ebb and I think it's a risky retrieve for the dog, it's easy to launch and retrieve the bird from the kayak. Pic afloat with the dog attached below.

Jan 18 1.jpg

1 hour ago, mudpatten said:

I like the punt shed!

All mod cons and no expense spared :lol: , that was one of a number of house boats on the estuary where you could sleep overnight and then get away early in the morning on the flood tide , the boat sheds where the punts were kept were on the other side of the estuary, these sheds were a bit more elaborate , not by much mind you 😊