Turnscrews - ?

CaptC

Anyone selling a set of matching turnscrews please. The older the better. I'm trying to furnish a gun case and an older set would look good. 

I have looked at that certain auction site but I'm not keen on the ones I have seen

Thanks in advance

Capt C

Years ago I purchased a set from William Powells when they where in Carr's Lane B'ham., for a gift for a friend in the USA. They very kindly inletted a silver disc in one of them with the friends initials.  They may still do them.

Quality is going to cost you I'm afraid.  These where in a presentation case.

3 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Years ago I purchased a set from William Powells when they where in Carr's Lane B'ham., for a gift for a friend in the USA. They very kindly inletted a silver disc in one of them with the friends initials.  They may still do them.

Quality is going to cost you I'm afraid.  These where in a presentation case.

Thanks - I have seen the William Powell sets - Peter Dyson also sells turnscrews but I prefer an old set if possible?

4 minutes ago, alan123shooting said:

Hi Paul, 

I know where you are coming from, some of these so called I have engraved them at home big name  gun makers turnscrews 

try fine sporting collectibles Ltd. they have some vintage turnscrews, how is the Halliday case doing?

Good luck Alan

Thanks to you and your excellent work the case is finished hence the turnscrews - Totally agree re your comments! Thanks

14 hours ago, figgy said:

CaptC have a look on here at turnscrew thread you will see the traditional turnscrews mad by Demonwolf444.

Look the part, ive seen his latest batch on his instagram page.

Think this is the thread you are talking about, they do look good…https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/374273-the-making-of-handmade-turnscrews/#comments

Old'un 

That's the thread, I'm sure there will be something suitable for an old English motor case.

Just to add I have used mine and they work very well, no marking to the pins. Never know they'd been removed. Unlike when using modern screwdrivers.

Ps still sat in my display cabinet looking fantastic in there case.

Edited by figgy

19 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Demonwolf44 makes lovely new ones sometimes, surely they must be pot luck at the shooting sports auctions?

18 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

+1

17 hours ago, old'un said:

Give this guy a call, he may have an old set he’s willing to sell.. https://www.thewoodworkinggunsmith.co.uk/handmade-turnscrews

All the same chap!

CaptC,

If you are looking for something to match the case, perhaps a pic or two would not be amiss.  The way things go on here it could be that you have half a dozen offers within a fortnight, and some idea of the wood colour/patina/grain might help.

Turnscrew - does what is says on the tin, but new to me,

Thank you,

RS

1 minute ago, RockySpears said:

CaptC,

If you are looking for something to match the case, perhaps a pic or two would not be amiss.  The way things go on here it could be that you have half a dozen offers within a fortnight, and some idea of the wood colour/patina/grain might help.

Turnscrew - does what is says on the tin, but new to me,

Thank you,

RS

Perhaps "match the gun and case era" might be nearer? The inside of the case is like any other and the gun is an English 20 bore circa 1920's which might give you some idea. As to the wood (handles) I have no preference at all - even damaged!

Turnscrew - screwdriver. 

Thanks

8 minutes ago, CaptC said:

Perhaps "match the gun and case era" might be nearer? The inside of the case is like any other and the gun is an English 20 bore circa 1920's which might give you some idea. As to the wood (handles) I have no preference at all - even damaged!

Turnscrew - screwdriver. 

Thanks

Are the turnscrews just to add to the overall appearance of the gun and case (just for show) or will the owner use them on the gun?