New deactivated firearms laws!?

bluesj

OLD UN. Hi I have just recently had words with the brum proof house on the requirements for deactivating a shotgun. I can assure you that a shotgun deactivated to current legislation CAN NOT be reactivated without enough machinery and skill to produce a new gun from scratch. It becomes a lump of metal and wood which resembles a gun.

23 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

So who do we have to tell I’ve a fair few at work mostly trophies. 

21 hours ago, bluesj said:

Ah they forgot that bit, but rest assured if you don't comply with the law you will be in trouble!   

They do tell you that bit the document says you need to inform the Secretary of Sate either by letter or email.

“appropriate national authority” means—

(a) in relation to England and Wales and Scotland, the Secretary of State;

(b) in relation to Northern Ireland, the Department of Justice in Northern Ireland;

(3) The appropriate national authority must publish a postal address and an electronic address to which a notice given in accordance with paragraph (2) may be sent.

Edited by sportsbob
addition with quotes

39 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

They do tell you that bit the document says you need to inform the Secretary of Sate either by letter or email.

(b) in relation to Northern Ireland, the Department of Justice in Northern Ireland;

(3) The appropriate national authority must publish a postal address and an electronic address to which a notice given in accordance with paragraph (2) may be sent.

So in other words if you keep schtum nobody will be the wiser. Sounds about right and on par with high magazine capacity shotguns post Hungerford. Sorted. 

1 hour ago, sportsbob said:

I very much doubt we’re all emailing the Sectary of State.   
My FEO didn’t know today but is being brief on the matter in a day or so, speaking to the Home Office Firearms team in a few days on other matter guess I’ll ask them as well. 

On 06/11/2019 at 14:33, 243deer said:

well thats great, politicians can be seen to have 'done something' - I think most of us could write the Yes minister script

Possibly not, that sort of activity would demand an increase in pay and expenses.

More likely the backroom clowns who have been induced by some lobbyists?