Pegoraro

I've shot a few that other have given me to try, i find them a bit punchier than some and less punchy than others. They break clays just fine and they are relatively inexpensive.

What I can say is that the amount of misfires i've witnessed by folks who do shoot them is high. I regularly shoot with guys who use them and there is at least one misfire per shooter per 100 birds every time. 

36 minutes ago, grrclark said:

I've shot a few that other have given me to try, i find them a bit punchier than some and less punchy than others. They break clays just fine and they are relatively inexpensive.

What I can say is that the amount of misfires i've witnessed by folks who do shoot them is high. I regularly shoot with guys who use them and there is at least one misfire per shooter per 100 birds every time. 

I've shot thousands and never experienced any misfire or had any issue at all. That's the first I've heard of any problems. And to be honest, find it hard to believe that any brand of cartridge would have 'at least one misfire per 100 cartridges'?

For what it's worth, I like them. Reasonable price, they go bang every time and sometimes the clays I shoot break, often they don't. But that's down to me .

I've also used their subsonic shells in a sound moderated gun, and they are good.

53 minutes ago, figgy said:

Never even heard of them, never mind seeing them. Who makes them and what prices are they ?

I could be wrong but think they are Italian made and again would need to double check but an ounce load in a typical clay cartridge is about £180 per k. Or thereabouts

Well the Pegoraro are an extremely good cartridge ..... I used the minimags on geese with success and the 36g on high pheasants . Both were clean and recoil was ok ...... value 8/10 performance 9/10 and cleanliness 9/10 ...... out on the crows with 32g 5s next ......I’ll let you know 

Figgy they are as good as it gets . I’m on a high bird shoot for the next 2 weekends I’ll tell you more then . I usually use cheddite elite but it’s a run and a half to Malmo guns from fife . The pegeraro are in ayreshire and a mate brings them up ....... but aye a decent shell 

Well day two using Pegeraro and they are as good a shell as any . Shooting high pheasant today and cracking clean kills (36g 5s ) shooting ducks between 2 big ponds again high but I was killing them cleanly ........ I’m out tomorrow shooting crows / pigeons , but the cartridges hit as hard as anything else out there if not harder and I’ll be using them from now on 

I say hit hard because I played about with chokes today and I was consistently getting clean kills at 45 yard ish pheasants . Last year I used a different shell and didn’t get the same results . Another gun commented on the height of ducks I was killing as well . Maybe the cartridge / gun combo just works ( beretta 692 black ) but I was delighted today with the results . They are not the cheapest out there but not the dearest either 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello the cartridge is recharged with the vitha N340 I read this in an Italian forum however the powder measurement does not seem good, are there any of you guys who dismantled this cartridge and checked the type of powder? If it's vitha, what weight of powder is there? Thank you in advance