Sign in to follow this  
Cawdor118

Westlands, Annan

Evening all, I'm heading to Westlands with the missus in a couple of weeks. Are any of you fine people planning shooting it on Sunday 17th Nov? 

1 hour ago, Cawdor118 said:

Planning Auchterhouse 15th, Auldgirth on Saturday 16th, Westlands 17th - get in touch if you are planning of them. Cheers!

Have you been to Auldgirth before?

If not then be prepared for the road into the ground to give you a good bone shaking, but it's perfectly passable in a regular car.  Davie has the potential to throw some really big doos as the ground sits in a natural valley so plenty elevation.

It's not a place like Auchterhouse, NSC, Cluny, Braidwood or Westlands where there are well established facilities, it is a static caravan with a lean too off the side, but the Collins family who run it are great people.

I'm assuming that you have accommodation already booked otherwise could have recommended a great B&B on a working farm near Auldgirth.

30 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Have you been to Auldgirth before?

If not then be prepared for the road into the ground to give you a good bone shaking, but it's perfectly passable in a regular car.  Davie has the potential to throw some really big doos as the ground sits in a natural valley so plenty elevation.

It's not a place like Auchterhouse, NSC, Cluny, Braidwood or Westlands where there are well established facilities, it is a static caravan with a lean too off the side, but the Collins family who run it are great people.

I'm assuming that you have accommodation already booked otherwise could have recommended a great B&B on a working farm near Auldgirth.

Never been before, in fact i have never been in that part of the country before! I'm staying at Westlands for a couple of days so have it covered. Really looking forward to it too. 

Looking forward to new birds and something different.