fac put in the dustbin by mistake

Should be a straight replacement no charge but all forces seem to have their own ideas on this.  I know that due to cuts in staffing etc., times are going to get longer.

I am writing to Priti Patel the Home Sec., about this and encourage more to do so.  In addition to have FACs put onto a plastic card in addition to a paper FAC which can be secured at all times in your gun safe.  They did it with driving licenses so pretty straight forward and easily accessed by any officer needing to check you out and another form of identification if needed.

34 minutes ago, wyn said:

What type of rubbish did it go in........if it was recycling it might turn up when it goes along a picking conveyor.  what they would do with it i'm not too sure.

land fill rubbish bin

26 minutes ago, wymberley said:

It really depends on whether you're talking about thr FAC or the wife.:innocent:

wife?not that lucky haaaaaa

@Walker570 can't remember when I sent mine in but they cashed the cheque on the 9th I think so fingers crossed it comes back next week. Haven't managed to sell my 308 so I want it back on my ticket and I'll get B&N to have a tinker with it and I want a pew pew cowboy gun in 357/38sp which is a bit unusual for anything more than gallery shooting but I've got good reason so shouldn't be an issue hopefully. 

2 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

Washed more than 1 in the washing machine. £4 admin fee if I recall or maybe £8. And a quick turn around a couple of weeks at most. Currently waiting on a variation that's taking its time so it's a lottery depending on who's desk it lands on!

You are correct, it's a £4 fee per certificate, the fee being set by the legislation.

• 2 weeks later...