SMK B2 SCOPE RAIL SIZE PLEASE

BADGER.BRAD

Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine has asked me to source a cheap scope for him, After looking at photos of the rifle I've worked out its a rather mistreated SMK B2 as I don't have the rifle at present ( he is supposed to be bringing it to me in the near future) I'm wondering if anyone knows the size of the scope rails I will need. As the barrel looks to have a fair amount of surface rust I also intend to clean it up but will I be able to give it a coat of spray paint or is this a bad idea.

Thanks for your help

Dovetail, probs 11-13mm. Wouldnt spray it, youd double its value. 

Ive had 3 over the years, dare say ill get another as i have a stupid nostalgic side that needs scratching everynow and again, but honestly, tell your mate to buy a half decent scope and save for a better gun. The b2 is utter **** as standard. 

There has been a few threads on here regarding the b2, one not too long ago, have a search. 

Atb and good luck 

You might find that you have to weld it in place, these B2 things shake everything loose , all the screws nuts washers the lot and before you ask , no even industrial strength loctite won't hold them in place.

You'll probably be needing a visit to the dentist shortly afterwards as well, as all your fillings will be shaken out .

Thanks everyone , I now have the rifle in my possession. The rifle itself works o.k but has had a hard life ( He found it in an old shed that he was clearing out) There is surface rust which I have tidied up at little and given it a coat of matt black spray paint.The stock in it's standard trim looks as if it has been painted by a blind man using a dog as a paint brush,  boy is it **** ! I took the scope off my Hatsan  and tried to see if it would fit it does but the rails seem to be off centre so the cross hairs which we straight on the Hatsan  appear more like an x  that a +  (if that makes sense) I'm not going to touch the stock but if it was mine I would sand it down and give it a reasonable coat of paint. He intends only to use it for plinking in his Garden 12meter(ish) so at least he can have a bit of fun with it and see if he likes it. Will that off setting of the rails cause major problems  ?

Thanks again all.

100% sure it will cause problems. You'll likely have to shim the scope as you will run out of horizontal adjustment on the scope turrets. 

You can buy mounts which you can adjust, but honestly they would cost far, far, farrrrrrr more than the guns worth. Just pack out the mounts with rizla packets or cut up coke cans strips.