Tracking

simcgunner

Here in Virginia bow hunting for deer season started this week. I had the dogs out for some exercise tonight and decided to stop by an area that is popular with bow hunters and see if anyone had some luck. i spoke to an old fellow that was checking out of his assigned area and He told me he killed a mature doe and had dragged the deer to his tree stand and then went to collect his cart to haul the deer out of the hunting area. when he returned with the cart the doe was gone. he looked around and could not find it.. he called the game warden for the area and the warden came to meet him.and said they were having a problem with bears and a bear had probably stole the deer in the few minutes that he went to collect his cart. I offered to track down the doe for him and the game warden said to put my two dogs in the little off road gator and off we went in the dark to the site the deer was last seen. the puppy immediately got on the trail and went about 30 yards and down into a deep gully.There was the doe the bear had started to feed on it and was scared away by the dogs and our little group.Im a bit chuffed and proud of my young (2 year old GSP bitch) shes doing what a versatle hunting dog is bred for.397209215_pupandolddog_zpsfu6fiiz5.jpg.c42b65b6a38570ffb01a402418ec5c26.jpg

pup and old dog_zpsfu6fiiz5.jpg

On 03/11/2019 at 02:31, simcgunner said:

There was the doe the bear had started to feed on it and was scared away by the dogs and our little group.Im a bit chuffed and proud of my young (2 year old GSP bitch) shes doing what a versatle hunting dog is bred for.397209215_pupandolddog_zpsfu6fiiz5.jpg.c42b65b6a38570ffb01a402418ec5c26.jpg

Lovely looking dog, was she on a line? I'd have thought you would be worried about the bear? I know I would be.