Fungi ID

yod dropper

We''ve lots this year but this one interests me, have seen it previously but ignored it. Found in the woodland garden amongst the litter. It looks as far as I can see almost exactly like Boletus Edulis being the Penny Bun etc. but has gills rather than pores. Have knocked a small one out the ground but doubt I can get any decent sort of photo. I've been looking and looking but I can't find any decent guide as to what it is.

2 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

We''ve lots this year but this one interests me, have seen it previously but ignored it. Found in the woodland garden amongst the litter. It looks as far as I can see almost exactly like Boletus Edulis being the Penny Bun etc. but has gills rather than pores. Have knocked a small one out the ground but doubt I can get any decent sort of photo. I've been looking and looking but I can't find any decent guide as to what it is.

hello, try the photo ????

Any ideas what these are?

I'm presuming the purple ones are amythst deceives or lillac fibercaps? Hopefully the former.

Will probably write the smaller, slightly coloured one off, and no idea about the large ones??? - But I know white, white gilled mushrooms are usually to be keenly avoided.

All of them are being spore printed at the moment, and wont be eaten unless they can be positively identified in at least a couple of books - but any pointers would be greatly welcomed.

20191102_154345_compress12.jpg

Edited by PeterHenry
Replies button