What's this cartridge?

15 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Be careful, if you start collecting its hard to stop haha

Not wishing to steal the thread & it probably sounds a daft question but how do you get into cartridge collecting as its something I could see myself doing. But I never see old cartridges up for sale & you cant advertise them on social media sites etc. Just wondering how collectors manage to start and how they locate the older cartridges to collect 

12 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

Not wishing to steal the thread & it probably sounds a daft question but how do you get into cartridge collecting as its something I could see myself doing. But I never see old cartridges up for sale & you cant advertise them on social media sites etc. Just wondering how collectors manage to start and how they locate the older cartridges to collect 

Older gun shops are a good place to ask, there are loads still about. 

I was given two crimped paper case Eley grand prix from a local shop after expressing an interest and it all started from there. 

If you go back a couple pages there's a long thread re cartridge collecting, you have also have  the UKCC ( United Kingdom Cartridge Club) we meet through the year and there are literally 1000's up for sale and swap. 

Edited by Farmboy91

22 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Older gun shops are a good place to ask, there are loads still about. 

I was given two crimped paper case Eley grand prix from a local shop after expressing an interest and it all started from there. 

If you go back a couple pages there's a long thread re cartridge collecting, you have also have  the UKCC ( United Kingdom Cartridge Club) we meet through the year and there are literally 1000's up for sale and swap. 

Thanks I will look up the thread now. Has the uk cartridge club got a website or a social media page I could follow? 

37 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

Thanks I will look up the thread now. Has the uk cartridge club got a website or a social media page I could follow? 

No, it's a bit more old school than that, they send out a paper journal 3/4 times a year, I can dig out the details for joining and pm if you like, it's only something like £15 year. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2019 at 13:21, Longstrider said:

:lol: S+B catridges and Baikals were collectively known as "****-n-Booms" around my way when I was a lad. You could guarantee a **** and a BOOM in every box !

The censor got me .. 'an expulsion of nether-end gasses' should get by ;)

I can accept this with regard to S&B’s as I found them horrendous, but I fired thousands of effective Baikals at pigeon and game during the 70’s and never had a squib/misfire.........yes, I am now nearly deaf.