ADS

billytheghillie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, millrace said:

This ceems to have gotten worse last cpl days,,,5 ads long now,,,,as ditch asked why now what's changed......surely they can be stopped they must have permission  to be there????

Google ads are always changing how they show, what algorithm to use etc. The forum will have settings that the mods can adjust. One forum I am on you have to donate to have ads removed.. Else it's one in between each post on a topic... 

2 minutes ago, Teal said:

We've not changed anything but Google must have gone a bit keen as yes it is a bit much! Made a couple of adjustments now, and if still is overkill will have a look tomorrow when on the computer 👍

Cheers for this update Teal

I noticed sometimes it's bad and I just leave pigeon watch for time, can't abide ads within posts and huge banner taking up 1/3 of he page then more at the bottom when you want next page.

Other times it's ok, I'll stay on and read posts comment etc.

Needs sorting as it is spoiling things.

22 minutes ago, discobob said:

clear your cookies then :D

its picking up the keywords from somewhere!!! ;)

arnt you lucky ...all i get is dog walking services.... and rectal examinations for cancer...and different types of epoxy glues......

ohh and edit .....shoes from clarkes

Edited by ditchman

im getting sick an tired of these ads plastered all over my forum............i have altered all my settings ....i have an upt o date browser....i keep on going into google to adjust my settings................no use whatsoever..............google are still bombarding me with bloody ads   ..and as a result im starting to look at other forums and spending less time on here

really sick of it..............

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

im getting sick an tired of these ads plastered all over my forum............i have altered all my settings ....i have an upt o date browser....i keep on going into google to adjust my settings................no use whatsoever..............google are still bombarding me with bloody ads   ..and as a result im starting to look at other forums and spending less time on here

really sick of it..............

I use FIrefox Browser & Ad Block Ultimate.

Not a single Advert on any site   :)

Ad-Block-Ultimate.jpg

3 ads in succession at the top of this thread. 1st ad was for flights. I clicked on not interested. 2nd ad was for soap?!?!? not interested. Third ad  - a Browning 725 shotgun.  - I can live with that.And I presume - that if I click on it - it'll show me some other shooting related stuff. About to do it and I'll report back.

Next ad - a Saudi commercial paint company.....

Edited by Retsdon

44 minutes ago, Snoozer said:

I use FIrefox Browser & Ad Block Ultimate.

Not a single Advert on any site  

Ad-Block-Ultimate.jpg

but my question is..............

i have been here since 2008 and never a problem.......why is it in the last 2 mths do i need all this extra security........its going to end up like a bloody arms race.......

8 minutes ago, ditchman said:

but my question is..............

i have been here since 2008 and never a problem.......why is it in the last 2 mths do i need all this extra security........its going to end up like a bloody arms race.......

It's a way for the Forum to make some much needed money I suspect to keep us here, And tbh it's pretty much the norm nowdays on Forums I visit so I installed an Ad Blocker and Bingo Ad free Browsing.