ADS

billytheghillie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

The ads are getting worse now, wish the Mods would do something.

Can you do a screenshot?  As far as I am aware it has been turned down to minimum.  I see some but not that many, certainly not enough to be a problem.

In terms of alternative means for covering running costs (which is what the ads do, to keep the forum free to use), would some sort of paid, ad-free access be a more attractive option?

I've made another adjustment, so will see if that makes a difference but to be honest earlier in the topic I already reduced it to minimum setting allowed on Google AdSense and I haven't touched it since.

We sell products through the site, certificate wallets, gamebags, badges and car stickers. Which is one way to raise costs to cover running the site, but the other is advertisment income.

It's not a huge amount of money and could look to moving to subscriptions if people were keen?

51 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

screenshot? no I wouldn't  know where to start. as for fee, yes I would pay

i dont mind the shooting related stuff ....its all the other stuff that is hacking me off

im not known for putting my hand in my pocket cause i aint got much..........but i could warm to the idea of a subscription if it stops these random ads

just gone onto the Brexit thread....deleted blody big ad for Intel at the top ....twice  then 4 ads for "do you want to meet beautiful women from around the world"

if its not that its Clarke shoes.....winter clothing....funeral plans.......cancer inspections.....it goes on.....all generated by google.......

Edited by ditchman

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

Risky to say I know but Adblock seems to have worked for me here and on Faceache

I had loads last week all at once prior to using the free Ad block for Chrome browser on my PC. Only had one since.

Edited by Good shot?