New wonder oil !

guy baxendale

I don't have a picture to hand unfortunately but my old 1971 flavour Miroku sbs has almost no bluing left where I have held it so many times. A quick wipe over with an oily rag with a bit of Legia stops any rusting in even the wettest of conditions - I understand the science but cannot see the need, especially not at that price, we have been looking after our guns very well for decades without this product. I suspect that it will either fall in price if they want high volume sales or remain some sort of snobby elite product

Modern steels are much better. The latest Miroku nominal bore guns have more chrome in the alloy of the steel rather than chrome lining the barrels.

Any oil that prevents water and air getting to the steel will work fine. Napier VP90 vapour stuff is only one I know works on even steel.parts you can't see. Satchel in cabinet and don't have to worry.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like someone is reproducing Ballistol Spray or something very similar for twice the price: -

Slightly Alkaline to neutralise acids - Check

Emulsifies - Check

Dissolves Black Powder residues - Check

Suitable for wood, leather etc  - Check

Biodregradable - Check

Skin Friendly - Check

Boiling Point over 110c - Check

4 hours ago, SuperGoose75 said:

The product looks good! However that guy spraying the oil carelessly like that onto the stock is not good practice.It states it gets into all the knooks and crannies Whilst trying to protect the barrel from rust then with that sort of careless use over time the gun would have a ''Spongey'' Stock.

The advertising bumph claims its safe to use on stocks!

16 hours ago, panoma1 said:

The advertising bumph claims its safe to use on stocks!

In that case, it looks to tick all the boxes!

I still think I would be using the nozzle straw a bit more carefully and be more precise when using it near wood.I suppose if your used to cleaning guns in the conventional way with normal gun oil then it would take a bit of getting used too.I think most would strip off the forend  when spraying gun oil and I tend to use a small brush and a WD40 pen for the metal parts in or near the wood and be conscious of any over spill of oil onto wood. 

It would certainly be money well spent if it protects the gun/metal parts as said and all without having any damaging  effect on the wood, it has to be a good product.