Aftermarket chokes

Manish

Good evenig chaps,

Just wondered if people have a preference of aftermarket chokes? I only ask as I'm going to be going to Dallas in Jan and intend on going shopping whilst I'm there. The gun is a Remington Versamax so its a probore jobie.  

I like SRM Terror chokes i have had good results with them in different guns over the years , Jebs as said are good and the tight constrictions on some of the Jebs are intriguing , but i have no first hand experience of them. Briley chokes and carlsens are available via various firms over here but Terrors Jebs and Indian Creek not so much. So getting the harder to find chokes in the states could be a good move wile you are there. 

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Depends what you want the chokes for. Wildfowling with big steel or for pigeon and pest shooting etc.  Jebs are expensive and get good reviews so worth buying if in USA.

Mainly fowling with a bit a pigeon but for that I can just pop in the factory choke 

The very tight terror chokes are hard to find, .655 thou. Have a look on refuge forums and duck hunting chat, you will find what they're using for the loads you shoot. Might be worth buying a few different ones and selling the ones you don't like. A terror a jebs turkey choke even a miller UFO.

15 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

I've been using a set of mid and long range Carlsons Cremators in my Versamax. I'd imaging Jebs will be tighter knowing what one did in an A400 … but depends what you're looking for.

What I would love is a choke that makes the shot hit the birds every time with very little skill on my side 😂😂😂😂. I think the Carlsons are good value for money and feel they will meet my needs

Manish I had the Carlson crematoria chokes and they were very good. I left one in all the time even if I took the gun clayshootig. Patterned well.

Wait and see what offers there are when you get there.

I've used lots of makes and I am using Briley chokes in my Wildfowling auto. Does as good as any other chokes I've used.

Edited by figgy

Brileys work good, the  im .745 in the tens is a surprise, if you can get a terror for whatever gun you use but even if you dont find one over there potters and others sell the brileys. the .705 in 12s work well and the .745 if you have a ten is a good option for ease of availability here price and they work well or should i say have for me in what i have used them in.

Carlsens again you can get them here mate got a wildfowl set for his browning through Brownells uk, was around a hundred quid and think there was three chokes, probably gone up a bit since then mind. but still feasible and available here.

I have 2 Briley extended  full chokes coming for my yilditz.Takes ages though.Still waiting and thats been 4 weeks now.They did say about 4 weeks but apparently its in a log jam at customs.Good old UK wants to stick it to us  with  taxes at every turn

Edited by bishop

I have tried a few different brileys in invector plus guns. i felt the 705 constriction i think they are marked IM  seem to be the better all rounder with BB in 12ga i was getting into the 90s% with most loads i put through them.

same with the 10 that .745 marked IM is another performer or has been in what i used them with.

Terrors seem to be the best though , but the jebs get some intrest on the american facebook sites.

• 1 month later...

i have a SRM TERROR choke in my gun think its a 675 or 700. if i remember correctly the thing is  tight as nun  but can throw  very tight consistent patterns at 70 yards like you wouldn't believe in big or small shot. sadly the gun it for i don't get to use much havent been fowling for two seasons now