New perm comes good again

dad

never shot much during the summer everything seemed to get pulled up too quick before the birds had a chance to get on it and i dont like the flies anyway so i went barbel fishing instead with good success untill i booked a month on the severn with the river at the bottom of the garden,the river was perfect for 3 days then rose 10feet and stayed like it the whole 4 weeks on my return the farm manager from the new perm phoned to say pigeons had started getting on his rape and to come over and he would show me around and give me a key to get in.i met him 2 weeks ago and he showed me a block of 250 acres of rape over 7 fields most of them had a belt of mature trees 20 feet wide down at least 1 side and with access to drive alround most of them and birds were flushing out every where, too good to be true.i had a look at the fields again at the end of last week and there must have been 3000 pigeon spread over the whole block.the manager phoned again yesterday he had seen all the pigeons and wanted to know when i was going and could he come with me as drilling had come to a stop.we met this morning at 10am and got sorted we had to split up. Before we parted he told me the 2 brown fields in the block were going to be spring lupins,we parted and i was set up by 11am with rotary and 6 on cradles and 9  floked half shells for a bit of bulk a string banger up the far end about 500 yards and a moon walker the other end about 400 yards as i was walking back to the hide i could see birds going in to my decoy pattern i got back to the hide and shooting started imediatly i shot till 2pm and ended with 70 i am sure the pc would have doubled that i only get 1 at a time 5 come in 4 go back out i  am to slow these days.the manager told me 450 acres of peas and some more lupins are going in  in the spring he wants me to look after.

20191105_141954_compress72.jpg

• 4 weeks later...