I bet that stung

team tractor

I shot a rabbit tonight at around 130 yards with the hmr and couldn’t believe it had gone through both eyes but on closer inspection we found a hole straight through it’s ear too.

im guessing a previous miss ??? I’m the only rifle shooter on our syndicate for the last 3 years so I only assume my hmr as I don’t use anything bigger on there.

CE328644-40F4-400E-A9C7-A06F0C758A45.png

Ive seen that before on rabbits ive shot .Ive shot at rabbits in the past with sub 12 .22 and watched the rabbit duck the pellet but still heard a smack sound and suspected that id hit the ear as the head dropped .

Killed another day with a faster pellet (rabbit couldnt duck in time ) and found the hole , like in your photo 

I had a similar thing with a roe doe that was limping and needed culling, I saw her as I was walking out to a high seat for foxes. She had walked a bit and sat down in cover across a fence from me so I stalked as close as possible and had to take a head shot as I could not see her body due to the grass and I had already waited a long time so had to take it. She shot up and ran off and there was a slight splash of blood but no trail.

A week or so later I saw her in the same place and got her, again it had to be a head shot but she dropped and when I got there I saw the hole through her lug from the first time and she was in bad condition with teeth flat to the gum line and very low body weight.

IMAG0522.jpg.208ffb58b5d530844e4dca7daf1dc37e.jpg

On 06/11/2019 at 20:39, The Mighty Prawn said:

It might have had an ear stretcher piercing but had to take it out for work?

Lol . H & S again 😂😂

On 07/11/2019 at 09:54, henry d said:

I had a similar thing with a roe doe that was limping and needed culling, I saw her as I was walking out to a high seat for foxes. She had walked a bit and sat down in cover across a fence from me so I stalked as close as possible and had to take a head shot as I could not see her body due to the grass and I had already waited a long time so had to take it. She shot up and ran off and there was a slight splash of blood but no trail.

A week or so later I saw her in the same place and got her, again it had to be a head shot but she dropped and when I got there I saw the hole through her lug from the first time and she was in bad condition with teeth flat to the gum line and very low body weight.

IMAG0522.jpg.208ffb58b5d530844e4dca7daf1dc37e.jpg

Very strange 

• 1 month later...