Recommend me an IP camera...

sandspider

Hi all

As above. I'm looking for an IP camera I can plug in, connect to my wifi, point out of the window, and it will trigger when there's motion and send me an email with a picture (and maybe even a video clip) of the thing wot triggered said motion.

I used to have a cheapy one of these, made by Keekoon if I remember right, which worked quite well for a couple of years. But it was a faff to set up, and eventually kept resetting itself to the point I gave up trying. Keekoon don't seem to make cameras any more, so can anyone recommend a modern, decent equivalent in the £30 ish price range?

Thank you.

Edit- actually, Keekoon do still make cameras. But I'd like to try something else, the security settings on the Keekoon camera weren't great, Gmail didn't like me using their SMTP servers with it!

I bought two if these, one mounted on the ceiling in the bay window covering the drive, car, caravan and road. The other covering the garden and door just sat on the window sill.

Connects to wifi, can be viewed live on your phone. Records 24hrs a day with a memory card inserted, intelligent tracking so it follows movement, alerts to phone. Options to take still or videos to "local album". I found it's better to have the night vision off as there is too much ambient light in the road and we have a flood light that detects and lights up at the back. You can have volume/noise detection on or off. You can have preset points, tracking, or move it via your phone.

20191107_174135.jpg

Edited by Centrepin
Photo

2 hours ago, sandspider said:

Thanks, that looks like the right sort of thing, and a decent price and reviews too. Do you know if allows email notifications rather than pushed phone alerts?

I think it just does text, I looked in the settings on my phone and can't find anything but text alerts.

Edited by Centrepin
Addition