Feeling blessed

washerboy

Long story short 

spotted blood in my pee....tiniest amount possible, barely visible

went to docs

prob a leaky blood vessel,or infection. Take these antibiotics, come back in 14 days but we will get you checked at hospital,just to be safe

diagnosed Type A, grade 2 Bladder cancer at age of  56. World fell out of my posterior

i am now 7 years 3 weeks on. .9 tumours, 8 ops, no chemo available, allergic to alternative chemo   Finally got correct stuff. 3 years of that. Had a check up on sept 24. All clear again. Next is in April then I go on yearly checks

i feel very lucky and so glad I didn't ignore it.   Please please PLEASE check your Pee

the operations and treatment are all done "through a natural male opening'.....it's not particularly pleasant but it's a damn site better than the alternative

never wait if in doubt         I had Hodgkin's lymphoma about 10 yrs ago         a new doctor diagnosed and  was  in hospital within seven days  with a follow-up every week until chemo      however        the previous doctor prescribed antibiotics before letting go of the door handle and hadn't even got to the chair for an examined            oncologist reckoned  I had it for at least 15 yrs before diagnosis  

old saying    doctors differ and patients die 

be safe rather than sorry  take the camera   up the jaxi    I got to go before x mas as old enough nothing to do with medical history 

blokes are invincible  and don't talk   (it might be cancer )   don't want to hear bad news     it  might be   bla bla  bad news     by that time  its  too late 

however early enough      you get to live 

any doubts get checked out,  if still not happy change doctors    (   as my  oncologist said to me ,   )     if your car is not serviced properly why  go back           find another garage 

an     antigay      something      to take on board

my advise if not happy find another doctor to help 

5 minutes ago, Diver One said:

Long story short 

spotted blood in my pee....tiniest amount possible, barely visible

went to docs

prob a leaky blood vessel,or infection. Take these antibiotics, come back in 14 days but we will get you checked at hospital,just to be safe

diagnosed Type A, grade 2 Bladder cancer at age of  56. World fell out of my posterior

i am now 7 years 3 weeks on. .9 tumours, 8 ops, no chemo available, allergic to alternative chemo   Finally got correct stuff. 3 years of that. Had a check up on sept 24. All clear again. Next is in April then I go on yearly checks

i feel very lucky and so glad I didn't ignore it.   Please please PLEASE check your Pee

the operations and treatment are all done "through a natural male opening'.....it's not particularly pleasant but it's a damn site better than the alternative

result  👍     all the best going forward                            same age as myself          a bright outlook on life  helps despite fatigue    ( things to do)   for kids and wife  /their  mother          they suffer more than you  watching you go through treatment  cancer affects the entire family  not just you       (regardless get checked out )           one life live it,  there are no retakes  

Also been down the borderline PSA test result/MRI scan/rubber glove (they check to see if the Prostrate is enlarged) road and got the all clear.  I believe it's the case that most of us in the 60+ category will have some kind of cancer in the Prostrate gland - the unknown and therefore the reason it's important to get it checked is to see if its the kind of cancer growth that's going to kill you.  Mine was enlarged and they prescribed a drug that shrinks it - so now don't need a pee so often - result.

Another joy of getting older comes at your 60th birthday when the bowel cancer testing kit arrives in the post (the completed test goes back in the post too 😝), and then every two years after that...important not to ignore.

Edited by Cosmicblue

23 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

Another joy of getting older comes at your 60th birthday when the bowel cancer testing kit arrives in the post (the completed test goes back in the post too 😝), and then every two years after that...important not to ignore.

I'm surprised, as it's 50 here in Scotland.