Arkwrights complete chicken working dog food

Any reviews on Arkwrights chicken? From people who've actually fed there dogs on on it! Is there much difference between say this and the skinners maintenance, both relatively basic 18% protein. It's just the Arkwrights is increibley cheap, had my labs on it for a couple of days and they both seem to be doing well on it. Is it worth paying double for the skinners? I'm getting the Arkwrights at £9 for 15kg, skinners is about £20.

Many Thanks

Edited by squirrel shooter

Had been feeding my dogs on Arkwights for years and they were doing well on it. Then I broke my leg so my wife was feeding the dogs for me, she showed up at home with a bag of LIDL dog food. I said **** it I won’t give out to her just give it a go and the dogs loved it, coats were shining on it. They preferred the chicken to the beef, beef just gave them the ****s. 

So if your looking gor a cheap dog food, I find Lidls brand okay.

If you look at the ingredients, that's what matters not the price. Some are full of cereals as bulking matter

Skinner's sponsor all sorts of events and marketing has to be paid for. They have a name and can charge more. Does not mean your getting more.

My dogs have had all sorts of top foods over the years and prefer the cheaper stuff.  I mix dry kibble with some tinned dog meat or chub roll. 

Only one wouldn't even taste was Autarky brand, sniffed it and turned his head away.

As above if your dogs are doing well keep them on it. 

I have 7 dogs 6 Working Cockers and a a German Shepherd and think that the main advantage with Arkrights over other dry foods and I've tried plenty over the years  is the reduction in the amount of waste they produce after. They have always seem remain fuller for longer and generally keep in good condition.With some of the other dry foods they seem to become really skitish and cause much more noise and chaos ( 7 dogs can cause a lots of chaos !)  I had a problem with one of the dogs losing weight thinking she had a problem with wheat (gluten) I went back to raw feeding all of them which I have to say is better in every way. I appreciated that this is not convenient for everyone  I would have no issues in recommending  Arkrights.

On 08/11/2019 at 10:56, squirrel shooter said:

Any reviews on Arkwrights chicken? From people who've actually fed there dogs on on it! Is there much difference between say this and the skinners maintenance, both relatively basic 18% protein. It's just the Arkwrights is increibley cheap, had my labs on it for a couple of days and they both seem to be doing well on it. Is it worth paying double for the skinners? I'm getting the Arkwrights at £9 for 15kg, skinners is about £20.

Many Thanks

@foxshooter69