Another 25

dad

had another day on the rape i shot tuesday i had been asked to keep an eye on it this was thursday. Very wet start to the day but only spitting by the time we arrived 11am a quick drive around put small groups up from the fields with the lower crop some fields are knee high. Birds were getting out of the trees everywhere though so decided to give it a go on the same field as tuesday but in a different spot as the wind had changed right round. it was off the main flight line and with the threat of more rain and a cold wind i decided to have it of my back not in my face wich meant any birds would probably come from behind my mate was going to be mobile to keep them on the move.set up by 12pm 3 birds crept in from behind as i was loading and flew out before i could shoot by 1pm i had 10 in the bag shooting poorly 2 to 1 things slowed  down a lot and i noticed quite a line of birds coming from in front and going back to sit up and the odd nosey one came to the deecs for a look, i manged to bring one down and found it to be full of wheat just starting to chit it had no red die on it and its been far too wet for drilling for nearly 2 weeks here,i managed another 6 full of wheat and ended at 3pm with 25. It amazes me birds so full of wheat should still decoy.

20191107_145050_compress96.jpg

Nice one ( dad ) , just lately I have noticed more going on the rape fields  which around this way is quite early as we still have got a few Wheat stubble fields hanging about , haven't seen nobody shooting on them yet as every day I have been past it is either raining or the rape is sodden wet , and it's not only the pigeons that don't like heavy rain and knee high wet rape fields :no: 

Nice report there Dad. It's good to see that some are still getting reasonable bags. Even more so that they are on rape, although obviously also finding wheat.

They've not started on the rape around here yet and probably won't until the first frost knocks it back a bit. The few I had coming into a favourite little wood in the week were all packed with hawthorn berries.

Good luck to those finding them on the rape already. 

OB