What weight pellets for fac?

Green hornet

Presuming .22 

I would try the 16 grn jsb /airarms first  

And then the 18 grn version .

Dont forget the 14.3 grn express and the 13.4 grn rs  by jsb  Ive found that bisley long range gold at 14 grns can also shoot well  in fac  .

I personally prefer lighter pellets for their trajectory and terminal performance 

Just ordered 7 tins of JSB  pellets.  The sample tins look good to see what your gun likes. Seen a few different ones in jsb. 

If you can alter your gun to suit the 18 grain jsb seem popular at around 900fps.

At your guns settings 30ftlb 

Jsb RS 13.4 run just over 1000 FPS 

JSB jumbo Diablo 15.9  run at  925 FPS

Jsb 18 grain run at 870 FPS. 

Try them and see what groups best, all will kill well.

Ideally you want it to like the cheapest pellet. 

Forgot how much more .22 cost compared to .177.

Edited by figgy

Just beacause your rapid is set somewhere around 30 fpe .doesnt mean it has to stay there .you can tune it up and down as u wish to match the pellet you would prefer to shoot .most pellets should shoot pretty well out to 920 ish fps .

I cant see a great reason to shoot very heavy pellets at 800 fps or slower .

Try the usual 18 ,16 grn jsbs and h+n bismags and ftt .and see if any group well .failing that reduce the energy and choose a lighter pellet  14.3 or 13.4  jsbs . And see how the go .

I like13.4 grn rs at 23 fpe they group well out to 70 yds 

Edited by Ultrastu

42 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Just beacause your rapid is set somewhere around 30 fpe .doesnt mean it has to stay there .you can tune it up and down as u wish to match the pellet you would prefer to shoot .most pellets should shoot pretty well out to 920 ish fps .

I cant see a great reason to shoot very heavy pellets at 800 fps or slower .

Try the usual 18 ,16 grn jsbs and h+n bismags and ftt .and see if any group well .failing that reduce the energy and choose a lighter pellet  14.3 or 13.4  jsbs . And see how the go .

I like13.4 grn rs at 23 fpe they group well out to 7  yds 

Is that a typo Ultrastu, I'd hope they grouped well much further. 😁😋

Edited by figgy

6 hours ago, Green hornet said:

Sorry forgot to mention it’s a 22 and a theoben rapid mk2 

I read something last week saying that heavier pellets retain their energy down range better than light pellets and I'm thinking the lads on the rapid forum were using 16 grain in their fac's.

Have a look at the Rapid7 forum,  loads of info but you'll need to sign up.

Need a slug liner in the FX guns too, tighter twist rate and different choking.

Nielson are now making .22  17.5 gr dished base hollow point slugs. Cheaper as they're made in a press. BC of .075. $18.99 for 400 not bad price in USA. Lord oy knows what we get charged in UK.

Edited by figgy

On 10/11/2019 at 15:46, Ultrastu said:

So where u getting those from ? .as i dont see any on general sale .or even on the h+n web site .

Also is that through an fx slug liner or standard st .or a rifled  barrel .

?? 

Sorry for the late reply, my first lot came from Germany About £11.50 delivered, but I contacted H&N and they told me the slugs had been delivered to John Rothery the importer . So I got two of my local RFD to order me 10 tins  each , which they did for £12 per tin . I believe they have all gone and Rothery are waiting for more to come in . I think Blackwood outdoors have some 

On 10/11/2019 at 15:46, Ultrastu said:

So where u getting those from ? .as i dont see any on general sale .or even on the h+n web site .

Also is that through an fx slug liner or standard st .or a rifled  barrel .

?? 

Shoot out of both liners I have found and works in my mates wildcat , which has stx liner