Yet More Scam Calls

TIGHTCHOKE

Currently working night shifts, got home this morning, ate and went to bed.

Got up and checked my mobile phone for missed calls, two on there, checked the numbers on line;

The first one was the "HMRC will issue a warrant for your arrest" and the second appears to be from a German firm selling bicycles!

Be careful out there, someone must be allowing these scum to make money!

41 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Must be some dumb idiots out there to make it worth their while...

Either that or some or elderly folk that would be traumatised if told that they were about to be arrested. Making light of this disguises the harm that these scum can do and therefore prevents them from being awarded the punishment that they deserve when finally caught.

8 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Either that or some or elderly folk that would be traumatised if told that they were about to be arrested. Making light of this disguises the harm that these scum can do and therefore prevents them from being awarded the punishment that they deserve when finally caught.

Caveat emptor!

What gets me is you see these programs saying that these scammers are targeting elderly people, well some of the ones I have seen on these programs were in their 50s, 60s that’s not old, the best part is and in front of the camera they say things like ‘I don’t know why I was so stupid, I am usually very careful’ then when you listen to the full story you think, no, you were stupid to fall for that one, some of the stories you hear about people (mainly woman) being fooled by online romance scammers are unbelievable.

As been said they must be making money out of people for the scammers to-be so persistent.

I had 2 within an hour of each other this morning, both from different numbers. They were recorded messages saying my internet would be cut off if I didn't press "1". God knows what happens if you do, but I didn't and my internet is still working. 

I much prefer live calls so I can verbally abuse them to within an inch of their lives. :lol:

3 minutes ago, walshie said:

I had 2 within an hour of each other this morning, both from different numbers. They were recorded messages saying my internet would be cut off if I didn't press "1". God knows what happens if you do, but I didn't and my internet is still working. 

I much prefer live calls so I can verbally abuse them to within an inch of their lives. :lol:

I believe when you press 1 you end up paying for a premium rate call.

I have in the past spent ages going through everything and then passing them an account No, a sort code and thanking them for their time. Invariably I enjoy playing them along, they only pass my wrong information along to someone else to "process" and I never hear from them again.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I believe when you press 1 you end up paying for a premium rate call.

I have in the past spent ages going through everything and then passing them an account No, a sort code and thanking them for their time. Invariably I enjoy playing them along, they only pass my wrong information along to someone else to "process" and I never hear from them again.

... and that is why they pass on your phone number, and congratulations on getting a Brexit squeezed into reply no.2

my sister in law had one this week on the landline  detective bla bla from the met police re fraudulent use on her cc if in doubt put the phone down and phone 999 ask for bla bla and he would deal with it just needed all card details to track fraudulent activity    as she said extremely convincing   (she works in a bank and smelt a rat)  however old dears worry and fluster easily and also trusting would have handed over details  in a heart beat 

1 hour ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Had two calls this week. Supposed to be from Amazon , saying my account had been hacked and £99 removed.

Just put the phone down.

I had the same one this afternoon , I said I’ve got loads of money and wasn’t bothered a lousy £99 , then hung up ...then blocked the number .

18 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Henry, soon you will be cast afloat when your Leader takes you out of the Union and pleads to get back in to the EU.

Good luck with that:good:

You have no idea about me or my politics! 🤣

22 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Henry, soon you will be cast afloat when your Leader takes you out of the Union and pleads to get back in to the EU.

Good luck with that:good:

Ok, just so we are on the same page, tell me who my leader is!