hw35E

gemini52

I have just bought a hw 35e,its the one with the walnut stock and long barrel,took it out too a mate of mines farm,looking forward to a couple of hours playing with my new toy,what a let down it was dieseling from the start and putting pellets all over the show, oil was coming out of the barrel,around the breech,a brown gooey oil ,i put around 50 pellets through it hoping to blow the oil out,big mistake,the was one big bang a load of smoke,the breech seal has melted and it has a pellet stuck in the barrel,l phoned the dealer who i bought the gun off and he has agreed to have it sorted,who ever had the gun before must have for some reason poured a load of oil in it,i hope the isnt any internal damage as its a nice gun.

21 hours ago, washerboy said:

Nothing surprises me anymore after owning a hw95 from new, it's internals was a total mess. The spring was rough, metal flaking off on the inside. Until I spent extra having it tuned it was a really nightmare to fire anything like consistent. Not sure I would buy another hw spring gun ever again 

That's a shame, I have the HW black star pistol (from new) was a bit of dragon at first but is well bedded now, always took them to being quality has some thing changed?

On 09/11/2019 at 19:17, gemini52 said:

I have just bought a hw 35e,its the one with the walnut stock and long barrel,took it out too a mate of mines farm,looking forward to a couple of hours playing with my new toy,what a let down it was dieseling from the start and putting pellets all over the show, oil was coming out of the barrel,around the breech,a brown gooey oil ,i put around 50 pellets through it hoping to blow the oil out,big mistake,the was one big bang a load of smoke,the breech seal has melted and it has a pellet stuck in the barrel,l phoned the dealer who i bought the gun off and he has agreed to have it sorted,who ever had the gun before must have for some reason poured a load of oil in it,i hope the isnt any internal damage as its a nice gun.

I took the gun back to the dealer early this week,i told him iwas not happy the way it performed in short he gave me a refund,i picked up another 35e for 130 quid a far better gun in really good condition.it needs a breech seal but apart from that its fine.