rememberance sunday

welsh1

just been out to pay respects for ALL fallen heroes past and present brings a lump to my throat.Then see on tv at the cenotaph comrade corbyn (who did not want to be there by the look on his face) did not bow his head in respect.To all forces people past and present thank you for your sacrifices on my behalf.

Firstly, I thank any and all that have served in uniform on my behalf and that of previous generations. Over three decades of public service, I have had the pleasure of working alongside colleagues who had previously served from Marines, Para's and the RN to name but a few.

Today we have remembered the fallen but also those still with us.

I take no pleasure in airing the below photos, however I believe Corbyn once again showed his true colours today. Pic on the left is from the 2018 ceremony and the one on the right is from today.

Last year he turned up wearing  a cheapo anorak complete with hood and the smallest Poppy pin badge. Today, it would seem his advisers steered him towards a more tactful attire. 

After placing his wreath, he appeared pained to lower his head in the usual manner to salute the Cenotaph.

I can honestly say I am disgusted by this man. May he never be entrusted to govern our nation.

F.

image.png.c8a10b1e45ae91493a16faeacf594d9a.pngimage.png.fed59e7117b8b6575c9e9889ef4cecd6.png

Edited by Fuddster

1 hour ago, Fuddster said:

Firstly, I thank any and all that have served in uniform on my behalf and that of previous generations. Over three decades of public service, I have had the pleasure of working alongside colleagues who had previously served from Marines, Para's and the RN to name but a few.

Today we have remembered the fallen but also those still with us.

I take no pleasure in airing the below photos, however I believe Corbyn once again showed his true colours today. Pic on the left is from the 2018 ceremony and the one on the right is from today.

Last year he turned up wearing  a cheapo anorak complete with hood and the smallest Poppy pin badge. Today, it would seem his advisers steered him towards a more tactful attire. 

After placing his wreath, he appeared pained to lower his head in the usual manner to salute the Cenotaph.

I can honestly say I am disgusted by this man. May he never be entrusted to govern our nation.

F.

image.png.c8a10b1e45ae91493a16faeacf594d9a.pngimage.png.fed59e7117b8b6575c9e9889ef4cecd6.png

Remember 2018, his second best George  car coat on & a red tie. He is the waste of a good skin, I think he was booed today?

31 minutes ago, gemini52 said:

My dad was a desert rat,the only time he spoke of the war was when he had a few beers,and it was only the bits he found funny,he died in 1988,l still miss him.

He must have had a few months staying in the Thetford forest at ickburgh. Not much remains of the old camp only a couple of buildings are left but loads of the concrete shed bases are still in the woods. It must have been a huge camp.

19 hours ago, bornfree said:

He must have had a few months staying in the Thetford forest at ickburgh. Not much remains of the old camp only a couple of buildings are left but loads of the concrete shed bases are still in the woods. It must have been a huge camp.

He came home from ltaly in 44,he had a bad time so he was sent home to a base in land dudno were his war finished,i only found out what happend to him about five years ago,his best mate was shot in front of him he carried him back to were ever they were  set up but he died shortly after,it hit him hard his C O said he had had enough so had him sent home,he carried a thompson sub machine gun even tho he was atillary the story came from my uncle  who my dad had confided in that the german soldier who had killed his best mate,he emptied a full mag into him,it must have tipped him over the edge,i remember him telling me when i was a kid when he was coming down the gang plank of the ship he had a italian sniper rifle over his shoulder and a mp said to him thats not ur official weapon sargeant and took it of him,he was none to pleased.