Get the gat

strimmer_13

Well im pleased as punch. Ive gone and scratched that nostalgic itch i get every so often and went and bid on some stuff at auction. I won what i wanted, and for the grand total of £11.80 all in, im the proud owner of a gat gun and a milbro mod 2.

Ive been after a gat for a while, i have fond memories of using hundreds of pellets trying to hit eggs off our gate posts. Think i fluked once or twice over the course of my childhood! Ive just set up a target (full bin bag of garage waste with a tipex x/cross on it, in case i missed) and found she groups well with airarms diabolos. 3'' at 5 yards 😂. I still love it and no doubt will buy another for a matching pair, ill make a little case up then... 

Now off to fix the other 3 air rifles i bought. Or junk them ive not decided yet. 

Whats yours favourite gun of the past?

IMG_20191110_174735-2976x2232.jpg.d32c101cffec48af11bd6dbb6de79f69.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah past love's! Hw45, had the one in a kit with two barrels 177&22 cup edition?, Crossman 2200 magnum, Webley nemesis think this was my first SSP,  BSA 240 magnum, nice thing about all the old love's I have them now, not the originals but found good examples of them decades later, the things I would like to find, BSA buccaneer? BSA stutzen and scorpion.

1 hour ago, Chaz25 said:

Ah past love's! Hw45, had the one in a kit with two barrels 177&22 cup edition?, Crossman 2200 magnum, Webley nemesis think this was my first SSP,  BSA 240 magnum, nice thing about all the old love's I have them now, not the originals but found good examples of them decades later, the things I would like to find, BSA buccaneer? BSA stutzen and scorpion.

Just sold my scorpion. Cheap as well. 

I love the 240 magnum, my best mate had 1, and ive been meaning to get one since. 

12 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Well im pleased as punch. Ive gone and scratched that nostalgic itch i get every so often and went and bid on some stuff at auction. I won what i wanted, and for the grand total of £11.80 all in, im the proud owner of a gat gun and a milbro mod 2.

Ive been after a gat for a while, i have fond memories of using hundreds of pellets trying to hit eggs off our gate posts. Think i fluked once or twice over the course of my childhood! Ive just set up a target (full bin bag of garage waste with a tipex x/cross on it, in case i missed) and found she groups well with airarms diabolos. 3'' at 5 yards 😂. I still love it and no doubt will buy another for a matching pair, ill make a little case up then... 

Now off to fix the other 3 air rifles i bought. Or junk them ive not decided yet. 

Whats yours favourite gun of the past?

IMG_20191110_174735-2976x2232.jpg.d32c101cffec48af11bd6dbb6de79f69.jpg

You can always tell who were past owners of Gat or Diana pistols .... They will have round circular marks on the palms of either left or right hands.

53 minutes ago, krugerandsmith said:

You can always tell who were past owners of Gat or Diana pistols .... They will have round circular marks on the palms of either left or right hands.

They were the ones showing of😊

1950 a limit air pistol was 17/6 pence in local bike shop, used to drool over window display going  to school. Happy days.👍

A broken Webley junior I swapped a Gat gun and a black widow catapult for.

Only needed a cocking shoe, first proper air pisto I had cz mates had tempests one a hurricane another a BSA Scorpion .177. Couldn't hit much more with it than I could with the Gat. But felt like a proper gun.  The ASI Snipers and Apache guns my mates had at the time were fun. My Webley Vulcan with a 4x20 scope on I bought in my teens Took many birds and rabbits with that gun. Little brother used to put bread out on the lawn and shoot at the birds when I was out. Only found out when he had panicked and put it away cocked after dropping it when my parents came home earlier than he expected. Lol.  New scope and spring required, that got me I to tuning them.

Get some pics up of the air rifles you bought strimmer.

33 minutes ago, Morrisman said:

I remember, shot it into my foot to see how powerful it was, I was so stupid in those days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it hurt by the way. Try it if you want.

We used to say if you shot at a spuggy it would catch the pellet and throw it back.

The darts at a cardboard dart board were fun in the shed.

Never did shoot myself with one, mates yes myself no 😂 

How many used to look at airguns in the catalogue as a kid.

Edited by figgy

42 minutes ago, figgy said:

We used to say if you shot at a spuggy it would catch the pellet and throw it back.

The darts at a cardboard dart board were fun in the shed.

Never did shoot myself with one, mates yes myself no 😂 

How many used to look at airguns in the catalogue as a kid.

Darts are next on the list. 

1 hour ago, Morrisman said:

I remember, shot it into my foot to see how powerful it was, I was so stupid in those days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it hurt by the way. Try it if you want.

Again that same best mate used a cotton bud to clean his superstar barrel. Couldnt be bothered to walk outside to fire it off, so decided as it was only a cotton bud, to shoot it into blanket on his leg. It went in ok.... 

4 hours ago, krugerandsmith said:

I felt cheated when i done that as soon as i got home. I can remember being so skinny that id literally sit on it to cock it. 

Push it down against ground between feet to stop it slipping.  Then jamming some bloody awful cheap cardboard boxes milbro or marksman pellets in with the probe. Could watch the pellet fly on its loopy trajectory.

Would like to try a Webley Vulcan but not any of the air pistols I shot as a youngster.

43 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

9mm Browning SLP at a guess!

Dont think ebay will allow that 😂

46 minutes ago, figgy said:

Nice haul for not a lot of money. A valmet basically a K80 Remington 3200 action.

The gunshop done a video on them, be worth a watch.

The airguns will be fun for you to tinker with 

Dad used to have one so snapped it up. Love the top sliding action. As for the airguns, the gamo and sheridan ill sell, the cadet ill redo the stock, and make my mind up then 👍