AA!

guzzicat

Right, I broke down near Nigg bay,the head gasket blew on my L200, I was stuck, on a minor road, after a hump back bridge,& a blind bend, the car was a real hazard, one of the party, was given a lift to nearest garage ( no phone signal!), friendly garage bloke, took vehicle to a place of safety, listened when I turned key,"blown head gasket" quoth he., I phoned AA, after 20 minutes got through to a call handler,when I explained, he told me that as a garage had been  involved, they would not relay me home!So I have hired a car transporter, & am off to bring back on Wednesday.Any views ? i have cancelled membership after many years, & also car insurance & will do same with house insurance ( all through AA)

Edited by guzzicat

That’s appalling. These companies do anything they can to wriggle out these days.

i can remember years ago I got stuck and had no recovery, phoned AA and joined and called them out straight away. 

The guy arrived and tried charging me £150 immediate callout charge. They had said nothing about this on the phone, luckily they listened back to their recorded phone call and had to refund me as they hadn’t mentioned it at all...

Blimey I never had that issue I found the AA pretty helpful, I broke down in barmouth they recovered me and the caravan and family back home I even told them what was wrong they still sent a service van no issues. I would contact them speak to a superior and try to get compensation bit of a p### take 

I have Vw assist on my van for 3 years which is part of AA and I’ve never waited over 20 minutes to be fair. I ring them over anything :) 

change the wheel save me getting dirty etc. Cable came off the side  door release catch and it’s quicker than booking it in :).

i cancelled my rac as it was £180 a year in the end and terrible service 

cancelled my membership 3yr ago now after it took them nearly 16.5 hours to recover me 175 miles , I phoned them at 9.30pm on a sunday night and informed them that I needed transporting back home to Newcastle on tyne as the bottom crankshaft pulley on my diesel Vectra had done the usual and separated into 2 parts . 11pm a man in a little van turned up only to say oh theres nothing I can do with that I,ll have to see if I can arrange a recovery truck 12.30am a sub contracted recovery truck turns up loads us up and takes us a further 65 miles away from home to meet up with a AA truck at service area on M6 then the farce started we were dropped at every service area up the M6 to await another truck eventually we got dropped at services on the M62 and told we had to wait for the next shift of drivers to start it still took another flaming 4 trucks to get us home at around 2.30pm on the Monday afternoon .

now during my multiple phone calls to complain about the appaulling  service provided not once did we get any form of apology even though both my wife and I had missed multiple doses of medication .

I had been a member for 18 years [gold card]

on the way to cornwall in october this year, engine manager light came on, call rac they were very quick, coil had gone, followed him for 2 miles and got one,  he was very good been with them 6 years and that was the first time i used them.this was the wifes car, ford focus 57 plate, i have the 55 plate regf.

Edited by mossy835

• 3 weeks later...

Just heard from AA, they have admitted call handler was wrong & have refunded all my expenses (following my wifes work) hope the call handler  who was an alligator (all mouth & no ears)sees the inside of his local jobcentre.Thanks to Blackbird for e/mail address.

6 hours ago, guzzicat said:

Just heard from AA, they have admitted call handler was wrong & have refunded all my expenses (following my wifes work) hope the call handler  who was an alligator (all mouth & no ears)sees the inside of his local jobcentre.Thanks to Blackbird for e/mail address.

That is good news but I would be looking for compensation for not providing the service you have paid for.