Jump to content

Gallery rifle


Farmboy91
 Share

Recommended Posts

I imagine with the vast wealth of knowledge on here that many will have come across this before, but is anyone on here holding a 22lr on the miniature rifle rule? 

I only came across it by chance watching a video on YouTube this afternoon and after a bit of Googling I was surprised that you can still hold a firearm like this with the way things are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because you can hold and FAC item without an FAC? 

Theres plenty out there who don't want you possessing a SGC/FAC when you have a legitimate reason too. 

Edit, if I've missed something simple here, please enlighten me lol. Believe me I don't think we need any more restrictions regarding our chosen sport but if I've read correctly anyone can have said rifle without a ticket, which cannot be a good thing. 

Edited by Farmboy91
Link to comment
Share on other sites

See

https://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php/news/1783-exemption-certificates-and-section-11-4

I think it is an exemption dating back along time the police do not like it, originally for fair grounds and pubs, their was one or two still about using shipping containers as ranges.

Section 11(4) of the 1968 Firearms Act states:

A person conducting or carrying on a miniature rifle range (whether for a rifle club or otherwise) or shooting gallery at which no firearms are used other than air weapons or miniature rifles not exceeding .23 inch calibre may, without holding a certificate, have in his possession, or purchase or acquire, such miniature rifles and ammunition suitable therefor; and any person may, without holding a certificate, use any such rifle and ammunition at such a range or gallery.

 

And no medical report required!

Edited by rbrowning2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rbrowning2 said:

See

https://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php/news/1783-exemption-certificates-and-section-11-4

I think it is an exemption dating back along time the police do not like it, originally for fair grounds and pubs, their was one or two still about using shipping containers as ranges.

 

Yep that was one of the articles I read, was curious to see how many actually used it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's still plenty of local rifle clubs operating under 11-4 exemptions. This was not unusual up until quite recently.

Interesting note here showing where the police are giving out false information to try to make clubs give up this valuable freedom. 

https://nsra.co.uk/index.php/news/28-shooting/2572-advice-to-clubs-on-section-11-4-exemptions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 1066 said:

There's still plenty of local rifle clubs operating under 11-4 exemptions. This was not unusual up until quite recently.

Interesting note here showing where the police are giving out false information to try to make clubs give up this valuable freedom. 

https://nsra.co.uk/index.php/news/28-shooting/2572-advice-to-clubs-on-section-11-4-exemptions

Hmm no they wouldn't do that would they 🤭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back in a previous life I came across this from someone wanting to purchase some .22 ammo, Short or acorn) - cannot remember now,

but they were members of something like the association of circus/fairground traders.

Checked it with Firearms Dept at time and was legit. this was in the 80s though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This exemption is used by the "Showman's Guild" for fairground shooting galleries..

Showman's Guild rule 22. Page 45.. Just says that nothing larger than.22, not less than 18 feet long and sides must have 1/8 sheet steel sides and sufficient backstop to stop the bullet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 1066 said:

This exemption is used by the "Showman's Guild" for fairground shooting galleries..

Showman's Guild rule 22. Page 45.. Just says that nothing larger than.22, not less than 18 feet long and sides must have 1/8 sheet steel sides and sufficient backstop to stop the bullet.

So you really could stick a container in your back garden lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...