410 reloading tools

BG90

Hi all, just wondering where those who reload 410 cartridges got there reloading press/tools from?

I cant see any where to get them with out ether modifying or spending extra to get a conversion kit for a press for a different calibre. 

Only thing I can find that comes as a 410 kit is the survival loader from America for £70 on ebay 😞

Powder, primers, wadding and shot I can get some what local.

I purchased my Mec 600 from a PW member and then had a friend in the USA ship me the necessary 410 bits.  Difficult to get retailers in the States to ship direct but if you have a friend over there then ship internally and have them ship as a gift.  Clay Game did not have 410 bits when I set mine up, they may do 410 bits now.

Folkestone Engineering do all the loading supplies and have some good recipes.

Edited by Walker570

3 hours ago, vpk999 said:

I got my MEC 600 jnr in 410 calibre from https://www.claygame.co.uk 

I buy hulls, primers and powder from https://www.armourerreloading.co.uk as they are my closest supplier

I also buy wads, lead shot and nitro cards from http://www.####.co.uk

Thanks will check the links out.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

I purchased my Mec 600 from a PW member and then had a friend in the USA ship me the necessary 410 bits.  Difficult to get retailers in the States to ship direct but if you have a friend over there then ship internally and have them ship as a gift.  Clay Game did not have 410 bits when I set mine up, they may do 410 bits now.

Folkestone Engineering do all the loading supplies and have some good recipes.

Ye I found Folkestone and it looks to be a good site, also henrykrank seems ok.

Thanks for the info.

Out of interest I only use my MEC 600 for decapping and putting new primers in, then starting and finishing the crimp.  I weigh all powder individually and the shot also. I found the MEC couldn't handle SP3 because it is very fine and just seeped out everywhere and personally I feel with a 410 the spot on powder load in particular is far more important than larger gauges.

I use a slightly modified recipe to the Folkestone Eng. 3 inch   with just 18.7 rather than 19g of 7s not 6s. That gives me a very nice crimp on the Fiocchi cases.  Hope this helps.

Mec charge bars are a bit sloppy you get some migration i use a ch powder measure i screw it in the 7/8th unf thread rifle pres but i did make a stand by welding a 7/8th nut to two pieces of flat bar i screwed to the bench. but i got another press for Ten bore so i just use the rifle press to mount the powder measure in these days.

You dont get the spileage or eratic powder drops with the powder measure you do with most charge bars. Some are better made than others it has to be said.

32 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Well top cards to make or find and perhaps some wad column adjustment but otherwise load is basically the same and should in theory produce less pressure so data should be ok if you dont get too radical with your wad packing.

Well im still on the reading and info gathering part at the moment trying to understand it all. so I don't plan on making any wild loads, will take a look at it more thanks.

Regarding the 410 survival reloader kit.. just got one.

Shipped from the states with no issue. Barry dealt with all the relevant paperwork and kept me informed of progress.. Kit looks and feels impressive. So all I need to do now is source appropriate powder etc, for some small scale production. Can't wait to get started..

1 hour ago, Salmo9 said:

Regarding the 410 survival reloader kit.. just got one.

Shipped from the states with no issue. Barry dealt with all the relevant paperwork and kept me informed of progress.. Kit looks and feels impressive. So all I need to do now is source appropriate powder etc, for some small scale production. Can't wait to get started..

Nice hope it goes well, I would love to hear what its like to use.