Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steve_b_wales

Gorilla Glue

Recommended Posts

I've been using the above glue with great success. It is very powerful as advertised. Yesterday, I was in my local DIY shop and was shown a glue called Beast, which is exactly the same as the Gorilla make. I bought a large bottle for £5:99 and tried it out. No difference at all between the two, and it's far cheaper than the Gorilla brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This the glue that foams when it cures ?  I've used a few bottles of the gorilla ones. It is good and fills and gaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a polyurethane glue but I find bottled stuff messy. We use similar but in a silicon tube. 
if you ever want to test a tube it’s £6 and I can post a tube at cost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, team tractor said:

It’s a polyurethane glue but I find bottled stuff messy. We use similar but in a silicon tube. 
if you ever want to test a tube it’s £6 and I can post a tube at cost

Is that the Timbermate one....I think it's timbermate or timberfast or timberfix.   I've even seen it used to bond granite

 

Its far more controllable in a mastic gun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Diver One said:

Is that the Timbermate one....I think it's timbermate or timberfast or timberfix.   I've even seen it used to bond granite

 

Its far more controllable in a mastic gun

We use tiger or sovereign products . It’s industrial products not on the shelf but yes it can bond anything including bricks :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, team tractor said:

It’s a polyurethane glue but I find bottled stuff messy. We use similar but in a silicon tube. 
if you ever want to test a tube it’s £6 and I can post a tube at cost

The silicon tube brand seems to dry quicker and the set is harder than the bottled gorilla stuff ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Run a damp cloth over both edges of the wood before bonding. I use gator glue off ebay, and another company does a fast setting version which takes 15-30mins to cure. Realistically it actually takes about 6 hours. But as tt uses above, the tubed stuff is best, as the bottles always foam if not sealed/used quick enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, vampire said:

The silicon tube brand seems to dry quicker and the set is harder than the bottled gorilla stuff ?

The tiger stuff goes off mega quick

5 hours ago, bigroomboy said:

Anybody got a link to the type of tubes they are talking about? All i can think of is gripfill type construction adhesives.

This is exactly what we use tons of. I don’t know how it’s that cheap tho. 

AB1C308B-6EC9-41A2-9435-6BC536208FCB.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's cheap.

Been using evostick from screwfix about £6-10 ?

Edited by vampire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, vampire said:

That's cheap.

Been using evostick from screwfix about £6-10 ?

It’s our main one we use as it drys totally clear on laminations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gorilla glue / expanding foam/  if it gets on you leave it until cured before removal or you will have to wear it off over days and gets on everything you are working on and difficult to clean up    in the right conditions really good expanding glue  /  other  scenarios require        resin w         cascamite    powder glue /  not to mention hoof glue hot glue /    depending on final finish transparent or painted   flexible like a stairs or rigid like a table and chairs ( no glue does all requirements  )  right glue for the right job 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Saltings said:

gorilla glue / expanding foam/  if it gets on you leave it until cured before removal or you will have to wear it off over days and gets on everything you are working on and difficult to clean up    in the right conditions really good expanding glue  /  other  scenarios require        resin w         cascamite    powder glue /  not to mention hoof glue hot glue /    depending on final finish transparent or painted   flexible like a stairs or rigid like a table and chairs ( no glue does all requirements  )  right glue for the right job 

Use hand cream to remove the pu 👍 it softens it below and rubs off soon after. 
 

I only use pu and mitre fix really besides occasional pva . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...