Gorilla Glue

steve_b_wales

I've been using the above glue with great success. It is very powerful as advertised. Yesterday, I was in my local DIY shop and was shown a glue called Beast, which is exactly the same as the Gorilla make. I bought a large bottle for £5:99 and tried it out. No difference at all between the two, and it's far cheaper than the Gorilla brand.

57 minutes ago, team tractor said:

It’s a polyurethane glue but I find bottled stuff messy. We use similar but in a silicon tube. 
if you ever want to test a tube it’s £6 and I can post a tube at cost

Is that the Timbermate one....I think it's timbermate or timberfast or timberfix.   I've even seen it used to bond granite

Its far more controllable in a mastic gun

10 hours ago, Diver One said:

Is that the Timbermate one....I think it's timbermate or timberfast or timberfix.   I've even seen it used to bond granite

Its far more controllable in a mastic gun

We use tiger or sovereign products . It’s industrial products not on the shelf but yes it can bond anything including bricks :) 

23 hours ago, team tractor said:

It’s a polyurethane glue but I find bottled stuff messy. We use similar but in a silicon tube. 
if you ever want to test a tube it’s £6 and I can post a tube at cost

The silicon tube brand seems to dry quicker and the set is harder than the bottled gorilla stuff ?

20 hours ago, vampire said:

The silicon tube brand seems to dry quicker and the set is harder than the bottled gorilla stuff ?

The tiger stuff goes off mega quick

5 hours ago, bigroomboy said:

Anybody got a link to the type of tubes they are talking about? All i can think of is gripfill type construction adhesives.

This is exactly what we use tons of. I don’t know how it’s that cheap tho. 

AB1C308B-6EC9-41A2-9435-6BC536208FCB.png

gorilla glue / expanding foam/  if it gets on you leave it until cured before removal or you will have to wear it off over days and gets on everything you are working on and difficult to clean up    in the right conditions really good expanding glue  /  other  scenarios require        resin w         cascamite    powder glue /  not to mention hoof glue hot glue /    depending on final finish transparent or painted   flexible like a stairs or rigid like a table and chairs ( no glue does all requirements  )  right glue for the right job 

9 hours ago, Saltings said:

gorilla glue / expanding foam/  if it gets on you leave it until cured before removal or you will have to wear it off over days and gets on everything you are working on and difficult to clean up    in the right conditions really good expanding glue  /  other  scenarios require        resin w         cascamite    powder glue /  not to mention hoof glue hot glue /    depending on final finish transparent or painted   flexible like a stairs or rigid like a table and chairs ( no glue does all requirements  )  right glue for the right job 

Use hand cream to remove the pu 👍 it softens it below and rubs off soon after. 

I only use pu and mitre fix really besides occasional pva .