Lanber stiffness

Bigal72

Assuming it is a new gun ,it should be stiff but not overly so and will loosen off with use and light oiling on the bearing surfaces  . 

Freeing a gun is not always just a matter of polishing off here and there and if done incorrectly can lead to future problems . There are a number of factors not always obvious to an inexperienced eye , and can be a headache to those who are practiced at it .

I have had guns that needed to be completely stripped down to find the one almost insignificant thing that has caused the problem .

Please also bear in mind that working in a factory handling new guns you learn techniques for opening and closing them that people in the field dont so what is a little stiff to me may be over tight to you .For instance never use the pad of the thumb to push the lever across , you use the base of the thumb . When opening hold the gun so the comb is resting along the inside of the forearm so you use the downward thrust of the elbow thus increasing leverage . 

My best suggestion is that unless you find it unuseable , to bear with it for 500/1000 shells before you consider anything else .  

On 12/11/2019 at 14:11, Bigal72 said:

Hi just looking for a bit of advice my lanber sporter deluxe seems to be a bit stiff when opening I have greased it and used it a couple of times just wondering if it’s just the way the gun is any info would be appreciated cheers. 

Hi I have exactly the same gun, which I got second hand with little use and it always been a little stiff to open. always thought it was the trait of a nearly new gun. 

Edited by Wooder