Left handed & Right handed 12 or 20 bore over and under

roche1800

My son (13) is left and I am right.

I was looking to use my 12 bore less and share a 20 bore with my son and had my eyes on a Silver pigeon 1. I am aware these models are handed but my question is if I bought a right hand SP1, will my son being left handed be ok to use it.

Any recommendations and comments will be appreciated.

Need to look at both hands and eyes as the majority have a dominant one of each and not always on the same side.

A right handed cast gun will be difficult to use for a left hander with a left dominant eye.

Ifhe was left handed but right dominant eye you were going for another 12b then i would have suggested a Bennelli 828 ou as shim kit would allow both to use by altering fit for who is using it that day similar to a lot of Semiautos.

Otherwise it is seperate guns to be fair to your son.

Edited by Stonepark

7 minutes ago, roche1800 said:

Thanks for the comments so far.

Yes he can shoot a full size as uses a SP (borrowed) from the gun club for clays.

The stock option looks interesting, what’s involved in changing them over please?

Two screws and a bolt I believe you can YouTube search beretta silver pigeon TGS ( the gun shop ) channel do a in depth look at them & I'm sure it shows on the video on how to remove the stock from the action 

Now if found very few people that use the same dimensions on their stocks when the gun fits.  To find 2 in the same family with a generation gap would be unusual.  To find 2 in the same family with a generation gap and shoot from different shoulders, well your either incredibly luck or the gun doesn’t fit one or both of you.