.22 and 17

villaman

Both the cz and the tikka will be good. I’ve shot the tikka in both .17 and .22 and they were nice to shoot and accurate. I haven’t had a shot with a 457, although I don’t like the look of the royal, but I do like the look of the mtr. Ive had a 452 in .17hmr for about ten years and it works well enough for me. I don’t think you’ll go far wrong with either, I prefer Anschutz and the original Sako Finnfire. 

1 hour ago, billytheghillie said:

I take it you know the Royal has a walnut stock??  Ask yourself, would I be better with a synthetic stock, no knocks or bumps, dings to worry about.

I know what you mean but most of my guns are walnut , I tend to be very careful with everything I own , including my work tools , my wife tells me I treat my guns bikes , tools better than I treat her , yes I said but they give me more joy than you 😂

Edited by villaman

Anschutz , ive just treated myself  and returned to an anschutz 1517 hmr upgraded from a cz , absolutely  cracking guns i thought the cz was accurate but this is like a laser , you can still get the 1517 at present but they have stopped making them , i also have the 1417 .22 annie which again is brilliant 

My 17 is a CZ. It was my first proper rifle. Brand spanking new CZ silhouette 452, scope, SAK mod and a box of bullets was £400. This is 11 or 12 years ago now. It's my 2nd favourite gun. My first being a second hand BSA CF2 in @Walker570 favourite calibre...243 😂😂😂 the 17 has accounted for more foxes than all the others combined.

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

My 17 is a CZ. It was my first proper rifle. Brand spanking new CZ silhouette 452, scope, SAK mod and a box of bullets was £400. This is 11 or 12 years ago now. It's my 2nd favourite gun. My first being a second hand BSA CF2 in @Walker570 favourite calibre...243 😂😂😂 the 17 has accounted for more foxes than all the others combined.

I do approave of the actual rifle though if not the calibre.:good: Good solid tools akin to the old Parker Hales.

Edited by Walker570