Scope suggestions.

nagantino

I've found a .22 rifle I would like to buy. It's a Ruger 77/22 bolt action with  16" barrel. The rifle is for Club use at various distances. For fun really. The problem is the Ruger has 30mm scope rings fitted. There is no scope. I wanted to buy a Nikon 3-9x40 to mount on it but the Nikon is 1" diameter. The Ruger scope rings are dear but finding a 30mm scope for .22 is not that easy. I can't a find a 30mm scope with a fine reticle suitable for .22 without a hefty price tag. Anyone got any suggestions?

I don't think they are like any other type of rings. They seem to be a Ruger  specific fit. As far as I can see they are both different heights. The rear is high the front is low. This is the problem: the rings are quiet a dear item and they are already fitted, so it seems a pity not to use them. Just not on a Nikon 1" scope.

Ruger have their own mounts that twist/screw in. Buy some ring reducers from 30mm to 25mm or 1" depending on what scope you buy.

I bought a Hawke Vantage 3-9x 40 AO for a cheap air rifle. I like the Mildot or hash reticles.

Have a look on optics warehouse they may have something in the sale or ex demo youike.

On 15/11/2019 at 07:45, terence said:

Think you can a rail to change to normal rings

optic warehouse had some 

or use 331360253257 on auction site

Yes they do I converted my Ruger M77 over a couple of months ago easy to do and works very well,  did you get your rings sorted ? I have a set of stainless steel 25 mil rings for am77