Tree trunk discs

hodge911

On 15/11/2019 at 20:40, hodge911 said:

Just wondering if anyone has lying around any tree trunk discs say 20cm / 30cm round suitable to make clocks with .

Just an idea I'm playing with

Do you want something like these, or give me the sizes you want and I'll cut them, or as near as I can 

20191202_132811.jpg

20191202_133058.jpg

The shaft of the mechanisms are 18mm long ... I understand it will be very difficult to cut them that thin so if I say 25-28mm thick and I can recess the back about 10mm to sink the mechanisms in .

As for dia a few different ones would be good 

Cheers

Hodge

On 22/11/2019 at 16:51, hodge911 said:

about 1" thick and about 12" round or near to ………….. idea of making a couple of clocks to see how they go … [no tick tock comments ]

Ok ive cut you a few different sizes,I'll cut you some 2morrow, as near as 12inch as I can,tha small discs are nearly dried out, and will need to be waxed or oiled,some soft wood,some hardwood, the big discs I cut 2morrow will need a bit more time to dry,send me your address and post code, plus phone number, and I'll bring them over for you, if you want, cheers Dave 

The shaft of the mechanisms are 18mm long ... I understand it will be very difficult to cut them that 

Sorry I thought I had sent this Wednesday but it must of gone into draft folder as it just sent now when I logged in ..

Your fire and wall inc adornments look ace m8 

10 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

The shaft of the mechanisms are 18mm long ... I understand it will be very difficult to cut them that 

Sorry I thought I had sent this Wednesday but it must of gone into draft folder as it just sent now when I logged in ..

Your fire and wall inc adornments look ace m8 

Thanks,I asked on here about shooting muzzle loaders, got a silly reply,I'll ask you that question when I see you 2morrow, cheers dave