2012 grand Cherokee???

tweedledee

Guys I'm wondering has anyone out there owned a 2012 wk2 grand Cherokee and what's your thoughts on them...looked at one today and pleasantly surprised at how solid it is...understand the interior may not be European standard yet....it's the 3.0 6 cylinder..bags of torque and has the low box and should be good off-road......

I have been looking at slightly newer models of late as we are looking at buying a 2000kg twin axle caravan and, according to the Caravan Club Outfit Matching Service, they are the only car, other than Discovery’s and Range Rovers that will pull something of that size whilst maintaining the 85% rule.

Other vehicles will pull, but don’t have the kerb weight to avoid the ‘tail wagging dog’ effect that these large vans can cause.

As such, I have heard nothing but good things about them. Older models can be thirsty.

I know they are a bit harder to find as they are not that common, but I like that.

I believe that they are very capable off road.

That being said, I have only been looking on the internet, so I have not actually sat in one or driven one yet.

20 hours ago, moondoggy said:

I have been looking at slightly newer models of late as we are looking at buying a 2000kg twin axle caravan and, according to the Caravan Club Outfit Matching Service, they are the only car, other than Discovery’s and Range Rovers that will pull something of that size whilst maintaining the 85% rule.

Other vehicles will pull, but don’t have the kerb weight to avoid the ‘tail wagging dog’ effect that these large vans can cause

If you have the experience to happily tow that size of caravan then you should be okay to not worry about the antiquated 85% guideline. For experienced towers caravan club say it's safe to go up to 100%.

Anything like a BMW X5, VW touraeg, Merc ml will tow that size van with no problem

Edited by ferguson_tom

Jeep is Chrysler, the same people who built the Sherman tank in WW2.

I don't believe they do a diesel option in USA so the 3.0 six is probably a merc engine. Same as they fitted in the 300 for European market.? Good engine but Chrysler are not always briiliant on the availability of spares in UK. 

Edited by Vince Green