Ginger Brandy,

redial

Bottle of brandy, one jar of stem ginger in syrup, grate the ginger on a fine grater and add to the brandy. Use a larger kilner jar or pop bottle as I do, add as much of the syrup to taste as you like. Shake every day and for a few weeks to infuse, strain and enjoy.

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Bottle of brandy, one jar of stem ginger in syrup, grate the ginger on a fine grater and add to the brandy. Use a larger kilner jar or pop bottle as I do, add as much of the syrup to taste as you like. Shake every day and for a few weeks to infuse, strain and enjoy.

Thanks for that.....that's next on the list! 🥃🥃

On 16/11/2019 at 18:00, redial said:

While out in the field today, I was given a drink of ginger brandy.

Very nice, does anyone have an easy recipe please.

Cheers,

🥃🥃

Ha, strange coincidence! Seemed to remember reading a recipe for this on here. Bought some stem ginger this morning, sliced a couple of pieces into a 250ml bottle, poured in a little of the syrup and then topped off with brandy.

Just tried a little sip and it's already very nice, even after just 8 or so hours.

• 3 weeks later...

I made some with a bottle of Lidl Brandy and 300g of root ginger ( grated ) and 1 cup,of sugar

left it for 2 weeks

lovely to drink BUT I made the mistake of squeezing the muslin bag when I filtered it   This resulted in the finished drink being a little cloudy from the 'ginger juice,'. Tried it through coffee filters but it won't go any clearer   Stem ginger next time , but there was none available locally at the time. On the same day I did Cherry vodka ....1l vodka ( Russian standard on offer at £13.99,)  pkt frozen Aldi Cherries,  cup of sugar. 10 days, filter through muslin.  Unbelievably good