Gloves

steve_b_wales

In y 3 years of missing clays I have tried the following

water /windproof  Ice Stop gloves.....not warm

Mac wet Climatec......fantastic grip in the wet, not warm or waterproof

Lidl special neoprene fishing gloves....toasty warm, waterproof apart from the flip back finger tips BUT  thicker than a whale omelette 

HST Tactical gloves....water proof, wind proof but as much grip as a Vicars Handshake

Deerhunter leather/fleece........good so far but NOT tried n driving rain

its a bit like finding the best tool box/bag/case/carrying system...

48 years of research and disappointment along with angarage full of failures and I'm almost there. Give it another 30 years and I reckon I'll crack it

Have you considered a handwarmer  ?     I saw one last weekend at the local clay ground that was electric and small. It would have fitted in the handwarmer pocket of a jacket. I use thin fleece winter golf gloves that have an 'all weather' palm and finger facing. These,  coupled with the handwarmer could be the way to go  ? 

5 hours ago, Westley said:

Have you considered a handwarmer  ?     I saw one last weekend at the local clay ground that was electric and small. It would have fitted in the handwarmer pocket of a jacket. I use thin fleece winter golf gloves that have an 'all weather' palm and finger facing. These,  coupled with the handwarmer could be the way to go  ? 

I’ve got 2 hand warmers but they are big. I use them in the side pockets of my jacket.

I saw an advert on Facebook last week for waterproof gloves, no idea on price or if they would be suitable for shooting but they looked good.

I bought some thermal socks from B&M on Thursday and beating yesterday everywhere soaking wet but my feet were toasty warm in my wellies. 20191117_141007_resize_90.jpg.c1de880558c955867f068bf6c7a3dec1.jpg

Might be worth looking if they do gloves.

1 hour ago, shalfordninja33 said:

I’ve been using riding gloves this season 

https://www.tuffaboots.com/product/wroxham/

Warmer than macwets, I still have a good amount of feeling in them. For really cold days I use the sealskins winter gloves

Might give these a look, Ive found macwets to give the most dexterity and feel of any glove but it doesn't take alot for a bit of cold or damp to get in. 

Hot Hands hand warmers, about a quid a pair and the size of a large teabag. Buy a thin pair of gloves from a hiking store and put them in at the back of the hand. That is where the blood vessels are and it will not inhibit the grip on your gun nor feel uncomfortable. I buy them in bulk packs each winter.

2 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Hot Hands hand warmers, about a quid a pair and the size of a large teabag. Buy a thin pair of gloves from a hiking store and put them in at the back of the hand. That is where the blood vessels are and it will not inhibit the grip on your gun nor feel uncomfortable. I buy them in bulk packs each winter.

I like this idea. 

I've also found glove liners, then surgical (latex type) with leather shooting gloves on top is a good combination. 

Anyone know if there is a type of glove with fleece or lined on the back of the hands but just thin leather or fabric for palm and fingers? Tried Google searching but hard to describe it without getting all lined gloves. It's the back of the hands that get cold for me, getting hit by the wind, can usually curl the fingers around gun for protection 

10 minutes ago, Croohur said:

Anyone know if there is a type of glove with fleece or lined on the back of the hands but just thin leather or fabric for palm and fingers? Tried Google searching but hard to describe it without getting all lined gloves. It's the back of the hands that get cold for me, getting hit by the wind, can usually curl the fingers around gun for protection 

Deer hunter do a pair like that see evilbay

Sailing crew gloves. . . you need to wet them first as they don't keep your hands warm when dry but are great when wet

something like these but they also do fingerless versions and Gill is a mid-range price brand

https://www.marinesuperstore.com/clothing-accessories/gloves/gill-deckhand-short-finger-gloves?variant=99498696&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=pcn&utm_term=7042&utm_campaign=MSS&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsebbp7j05QIVDLDtCh0gbQTUEAYYBiABEgI3DvD_BwE

49 minutes ago, Morrisman said:

I've just this minute bought these, they are nice and comfy but they certainly won't be waterproof. I like a small glove but don't suffer the cold too much.

https://www.trespass.com/atherton-unisex-gloves

Are they thin enough to feel the trigger etc on a rifle/shotgun?