Gloves

steve_b_wales

On 17/11/2019 at 22:14, Dave at kelton said:

Hot Hands hand warmers, about a quid a pair and the size of a large teabag. Buy a thin pair of gloves from a hiking store and put them in at the back of the hand. That is where the blood vessels are and it will not inhibit the grip on your gun nor feel uncomfortable. I buy them in bulk packs each winter.

Me too. They are excellent in mitts of my sealskinz.

On 18/11/2019 at 17:33, Croohur said:

Anyone know if there is a type of glove with fleece or lined on the back of the hands but just thin leather or fabric for palm and fingers? Tried Google searching but hard to describe it without getting all lined gloves. It's the back of the hands that get cold for me, getting hit by the wind, can usually curl the fingers around gun for protection 

Yes, I have fleece backed winter golf gloves which have a simulated 'all weather' leather palm for grip. I also use the fingerless woolen mitts that have a fold over flap to cover the fingers between drives.

I went to American golf shop and tried various types of winter golf gloves, including 'named' gloves (if you must  ! ). I did find them cheaper on line though. 

Edited by Westley

On 18/11/2019 at 17:33, Croohur said:

Anyone know if there is a type of glove with fleece or lined on the back of the hands but just thin leather or fabric for palm and fingers? Tried Google searching but hard to describe it without getting all lined gloves. It's the back of the hands that get cold for me, getting hit by the wind, can usually curl the fingers around gun for protection 

I have a pair of these to keep the backs of my hands warm and hidden.

https://www.dentsgloves.com/en/mens-gloves/37-0622-leather-shooting-mitt/

For when it's really wet or for fowling, a pair of Sealskinz Ultra-grip in olive green. I can use a double trigger gun with ease using these gloves.

https://www.nsac.co.uk/Clothing/12041/Sealskinz_ultra_grip_glove_-_Olive_green.html

Edited by Penelope