Dissolvable sacks of barley

Bell

I have a pond, middle of nowhere on a west coast island.  Only visit every 6 weeks and can’t put an auto feeder out as not enough capacity and salt in air has **** them before......great area for teal and mallard and my mate has suggested putting a load of barley in potatoe sacks which should rot down in water within weeks for when we return and keep the birds interested .......hmm hmm comments please......

19 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

As I stated on another thread a Danish friend of mine just tipped a few tons of wheat in a large heap alongside the pond and the ducks just came in and heped themselves.

My problem is that I have to walk it in, no vehicle access, can get 6 sacks of barley there but how long would the last ?.....i know it depends how many duck you have coming in.....but thought maybe paper sacks would start coming apart in 6 weeks time and a sack poured on top would help them break them up....

11 minutes ago, kenholland said:

rotten spuds , covered in the barley kept em busy at our duck pond .

Only can get barley on the pond Ken, 6 sacks how long would that last ?

Floating feeder on a pallet seen them used  in Sweden.  Make the feed hopper at the bottom 2" so a bit of 2x2 can be used  to shutter it down a bit if needed,as it sounds that it needs to be available but not too quickly so its nearly out when you return 

1 hour ago, Bell said:

My problem is that I have to walk it in, no vehicle access, can get 6 sacks of barley there but how long would the last ?.....i know it depends how many duck you have coming in.....but thought maybe paper sacks would start coming apart in 6 weeks time and a sack poured on top would help them break them up....

Only can get barley on the pond Ken, 6 sacks how long would that last ?

try one sack , at first , and see how it goes , all depends on many are dropping in , once shot at seemed to slow the feed down a bit at ours they got wise after a bit , but still came back, less the one's that were shot of course.