Yukon Sightline 450 or Sightmark Wraith?

beanieboy

I currently use a Pard 007 with all my rifles, however I'm considering dedicating either my 22 Hornet or 17 WSM for night vision use only. I know many recommend the Pard 008 as a dedicated NV sight, however I had one before and didn't like the mount and found the focusing ring didn't give a sharp image.
I like the fact that both the Sightline 450 and the Wraith have a 4 base mag, but I'm not sure which to go for. I know the Wraith is colour for daytime use, whilst the Sightline isn't. But I'm unsure as to how sharp the black/white daytime image of the Sightline compares to the Wraith. More importantly, I would like to know which performs best for night time use. I know there are pros and cons regarding the onboard IR of both, although the Wraith does seem to offer greater flexibility in this regard.
Would be interested to hear from anyone who has used both of the above.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sightline N450 or Wraith? I have both. I bought the N450 initially as I really wanted something with superior night time image over daytime use and the N450 definitely has the edge. The processors must work entirely differently in the two scopes as on a moonlit night you don't really need any extra illumination to see a fox in a field at 100m whereas the Wraith has no night image without some kind of IR illumination. The only drawbacks of the N450 are the need for Pulsar battery packs and you need a wide gun bag.

The Wraith has the edge in terms of flexibility, day and night use with a reasonable image. Being able to use 4 x AA is also a bonus as the Pulsar battery packs (4 x AA in a plastic case) are expensive for what they are.

If you are only hunting at night the N450 is the better scope. 3 rifle profiles and multiple zero ranges so pairing with a LRF lets you select a dead on zero each time.