First woodcock

Farmboy91

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Terrific bit of ground to wander about with the dog and a gun under your arm , the only bit I can find wrong is the flight pond behind your Spaniel is a bit on the large size and would take some feeding .

Have you had snow already at sea level or are you well above sea level .

Cracking photo of your dog , I can almost feel how cold it is and I cant even see your dog shivering 😊 

Cheers MM, Some snow on the hills but that picture was last season.. the flight pond is the Atlantic 😄.. You might remember i was asking about feeding a splash, well ive been feeding one for a week/10 days or so. seen quite a few teal and mallard in the area and on the pond, tonight i took the gun in perfect conditions, strong N winds, black clouds scudding across and bright moon, sadly that's all that scudded across..never mind a glorious evening, til next time

1 hour ago, NatureBoy said:

Not jel at all! Much! That bottom pic would make a great Xmas card.  NB

Ha Ha feel free, the dogs a real poser, if he could do selfies he would. heres another woodcock pose. apologies to those that have seen these pics before

1523585019_DSCN23981.JPG.d43d54ce45783ad5c930df95536f6e53.JPG.5f41c8dd14de20c93ead8f4edbec7889.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2019 at 22:07, islandgun said:

Cheers MM, Some snow on the hills but that picture was last season.. the flight pond is the Atlantic 😄.. You might remember i was asking about feeding a splash, well ive been feeding one for a week/10 days or so. seen quite a few teal and mallard in the area and on the pond, tonight i took the gun in perfect conditions, strong N winds, black clouds scudding across and bright moon, sadly that's all that scudded across..never mind a glorious evening, til next time

Ha Ha feel free, the dogs a real poser, if he could do selfies he would. heres another woodcock pose. apologies to those that have seen these pics before

1523585019_DSCN23981.JPG.d43d54ce45783ad5c930df95536f6e53.JPG.5f41c8dd14de20c93ead8f4edbec7889.JPG

Lovely pic, is that a cre8....? 

Edited by Farmboy91

4 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Nice, I've wanted one for a while, really do think they look the bee's knees. 

Have you had any problems with it at all? 

None at all. but iv'e only used homeloads at 25g. I actually bought the gun for my missus and daughter as the stock had been shortened, i use it with a detachable butt pad, I really like the gauge and did a lot of thinking before buying a 20 bore O/U in the belief that the 20 was more general purpose

3 minutes ago, islandgun said:

None at all. but iv'e only used homeloads at 25g. I actually bought the gun for my missus and daughter as the stock had been shortened, i use it with a detachable butt pad, I really like the gauge and did a lot of thinking before buying a 20 bore O/U in the belief that the 20 was more general purpose

Thats good, too know. 

Id seen them with a standard and shortened stock being sold together so a bit like you Id thought of one for the for the missus and my boy when he's a little bit older, with the + side I'd be able to use to too lol. 

I could see it being the perfect little knock about gun.

9 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Thats good, too know. 

Id seen them with a standard and shortened stock being sold together so a bit like you Id thought of one for the for the missus and my boy when he's a little bit older, with the + side I'd be able to use to too lol. 

I could see it being the perfect little knock about gun.

Yes mate a new one with the two synthetic stocks would make a great knock about for you and your son. mine has 3 chokes which should cover most needs. light and tough..:good:

10 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Yes mate a new one with the two synthetic stocks would make a great knock about for you and your son. mine has 3 chokes which should cover most needs. light and tough..:good:

When the cash is flowing I might just treat us both, I need something light on my shoulder, well that's 1 excuse anyway.