The lord giveth, and taketh away

ditchman

been off line for a couple of days as the old computor broke..needed a new power pack.....so rang up the local fundi and he wizzed round and fitted one and tested the machine £60 quid ...jobs a gooden

Then this afternoon knock on the door and the village community trust drops off my yearly bonus.....£100 quid...it comes from grazing the village owns on the marshes which is rented out and the profits divided amongst us villagers.........nice little touch

so im still in profit

anyone else benifit from community trusts ?..in their village

1 minute ago, figgy said:

So that's £40.00 of red coming then.

I look forward to your inebriated ramblings 😂😂

No nothing of the sort in village I grew up in

All surrounding land was farm owned.

most villages have common land ....makes you wonder where it is now dont it ????

Plenty on my estate take off you if it’s not bolted down. I help people out all the time but I’ve only 1 neighbour that’ll return the favour.

my streets like gods waiting room and at the shops the drunks wait at 6am for the shop to open for beer and fags while in their pj’s and slippers. 
it’s not the worst place to live but my ex is on here now so I’d like to move away. 

Not quite the same reason , but I did get the same amount of money came through my letter box this morning .

On top of two election voting cards there were two brown envelopes , I am always a bit weary of brown envelopes ever since I got one demanding £100 for doing 35 miles an hour through a speed camera , as my wife got one as well i knew it was't speeding as she don't drive .

Anyhow , to cut a long story short it was the heating allowance , as we are both roughly the same age we get £100 each , it stated it normally come within three weeks of the letter being sent and it should be in my bank account by Christmas .

You should get that as well ditchman ( Simon ) . Aldi , he will soon be on his way to stock up .

hello, i did wonder why you had not been on PW this last few days Simon, and guess what my laptop packed up to, but alas not mendable, i did salvage the battery and that unit where all the info is on, not sure what called !!!!! anyway now up and running again with a HP laptop kindly given by a PW member, your still £40 in profit for some vino!!!!!!

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

55 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Not quite the same reason , but I did get the same amount of money came through my letter box this morning .

On top of two election voting cards there were two brown envelopes , I am always a bit weary of brown envelopes ever since I got one demanding £100 for doing 35 miles an hour through a speed camera , as my wife got one as well i knew it was't speeding as she don't drive .

Anyhow , to cut a long story short it was the heating allowance , as we are both roughly the same age we get £100 each , it stated it normally come within three weeks of the letter being sent and it should be in my bank account by Christmas .

You should get that as well ditchman ( Simon ) . Aldi , he will soon be on his way to stock up .

I got some heating/coal money and used for the deposit on a nice McNab 20 bore. To all you  that begrudge my use of this government handout.. tough

13 minutes ago, islandgun said:

I got some heating/coal money and used for the deposit on a nice McNab 20 bore. To all you  that begrudge my use of this government handout.. tough

Brilliant , I dare say you can always find some drift wood to heat the house up , when I was younger I would often go across the river at the dead of night and find a few bits of coal that was meant to run the steam trains , I say find , but come to think of it I don't think it lost in the first place:lol:

If we put our heating allowance together ,I could just about afford a deposit on a McNab , with the rest of the balance I would have to , beg steal and borrow , and not necessarily in that order:good: 

Our village has a Green Energy Trust. Basically if you have a few quid you can pay in to it like a savings scheme and it pays a higher rate of interest than the banks do. If your not in a position to pay in, you can borrow from it to put solar panels on your roof, assuming your house is suitable. We borrowed and have to pay back any money received from the energy company we sell to. Eventually, in approx 10 years, we will own them outright. Up until then we have the free use of any power which is generated. Does a bit for the environment, keeps our bills down, and makes a few quid for the people who pay in. Win Win

Not money per say but memories went beating with my dad for the first time in 15 years. For the following reasons.

A few messages on here that don’t think parents are going to be about for ever.

A family run shoot that I had a couple of end of season tidy up shoot days. So felt I needed to say thanks

You appreciate the sport of watching a gun enjoy his sport pick of 5 high challaging birds then slip his gun and spot for his mate on the peg next to him pointing out where he is going wrong so he hits em rather than winging em.

chatting with friends of my dads about my grandad and his friends that are no longer with us.

putting birds up that dogs had missed 

seeing 3 hares ( not sure the last time I saw one )

Seeing 2 dear 

2 red kites one very close

being thanked by a gun for the heads up on a couple high birds obscured by the last few autumn  leaves. While flanking the  wood in. 

loads more to smile about and memories to pack away. Been invited back and all being well I will be beating again in a week or 2.

Agriv8