Weekend cars... what do you have?

Arron yeates

9 hours ago, figgy said:

Nice Jaguar XK120 by look.of it.

Not enough room in the back OF when your man drives you around.

Arron best to leave the cars untill you got money behind you. Running costs and any repairs on top of payments. Saying to make it manageable you have to take it over 8 years would put most people off.

Go buy another airgun, cheaper to feed.

Not a Xk120 it’s predecessor sterling moss raced one its from the 1950s two owners from new 

plenty of room in the back 😊😊

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, figgy said:

Lancer 425

Think your right, a 1950's Mk7.  I didn't look close enough to the four doors, saw the covered rear wheels and xk style.

Only reason i comented was my old English Lit teacher from junior school in the 60s had a 120 xk and a xk150, the XK120 was a coupe in a similar grey to that a tad more blue about it perhaps. the xk150 was marron and as kids we used to go to football in it when it stopped at a junktion it was that smooth and quiet used to think it had stalled.

On 18/11/2019 at 13:28, TIGHTCHOKE said:

In the past I have hired a few for track days, that normally gets it out of my system!

Not  far from me we have deals gap AKA the Dragons tail.  The local sheriff knows that if they patrol it for speeders he will get voted out.  So they don’t site speeding unless there is a accident.  On the weekends we go and park on the sharp curves to watch newbies drive off the mountain. It’s pretty awesome.  The road is so curvy that you can burn a set of tires in a weekend.  The town keeps ambulances and recovery vehicles stationed every so often. But it’s a good time. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4qyKMq_ASzSYXsunJH5q

636455885938962152-23167797-172571569746

Here is a video on the discovery channel about it. They make it out to be a death trap but in Reality there are safe ways across the mountain.  You go to the Dragon to get stupid you can easily navigate it safety it’s just if you trying to get across the mountain safely then you normally take a different route. https://youtu.be/K16YnmJN0fc

Davyo all that work you put in and you have sold the MX5.

Go buy a Westfield, easily modified easy to work on and soo much fun to drive. Great for track days.

Arron fast fords are a big thing for lots of people, A unmolested MK1  Focus RS is one that's worth buying, it'll go up in value due to being quite rare. The later one I don't think looks as nice and clean.

My son loves them Datsun Sunny's Cherry's whatya ma callem gtrs.  😆 

Edited by figgy

The most fun I’ve ever had.£700 for my terios 20 months ago. 
1.3 auto that goes everywhere I ask.

the kids love putting stickers on it :) 

600809A4-B47D-456E-864E-2D172EA999DF.jpeg

58 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Here is a video on the discovery channel about it. They make it out to be a death trap but in Reality there are safe ways across the mountain.  You go to the Dragon to get stupid you can easily navigate it safety it’s just if you trying to get across the mountain safely then you normally take a different route. https://youtu.be/K16YnmJN0fc

I had a woman wake me up after rolling my pride and joy 8 years ago now. 
hit black ice and the rest is history .

broke a few ribs and damaged my shoulder badly .

0DDBAA13-5355-47D0-B4A5-4FF0FC12F906.jpeg

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Go buy a Westfield, easily modified easy to work on and soo much fun to drive. Great for track days.

Arron fast fords are a big thing for lots of people, A unmolested MK1  Focus RS is one that's worth buying, it'll go up in value due to being quite rare. The later one I don't think looks as nice and clean.

Yeah had a mk1 theyve shot up. The mk2 has held mid 20k for years i reckon they will go up. Mk3 not keen all fake. And are comming down in price prety quick. 

6 hours ago, team tractor said:

The most fun I’ve ever had.£700 for my terios 20 months ago. 
1.3 auto that goes everywhere I ask.

the kids love putting stickers on it  

600809A4-B47D-456E-864E-2D172EA999DF.jpeg

I had a woman wake me up after rolling my pride and joy 8 years ago now. 
hit black ice and the rest is history .

broke a few ribs and damaged my shoulder badly .

0DDBAA13-5355-47D0-B4A5-4FF0FC12F906.jpeg

How awesome would it have been to have it on video?  

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

How awesome would it have been to have it on video?  

I couldn’t watch it to be honest. It’s permanently damaged my neck and I had flashbacks for years . It was the second time for me too as I was in a series 2 with my mate driving when we hit cow muck and the same happened again . 
funny how I struggled to watch any film with rolling a car ??? .

whats strange is my ex rolled my car only 100 yards from this and a 3 local lads died 100 yards the other way in a head on all within a few years 😮

Yep, speed kills.  Laid a few out on the slab in my time and had a young 18yr old girl die on my shoulder after her boyfriend put his boy racer up a concrete lamp post. When you have been and informed parents of a young daughter,, of the outcome you don't feel like making fun out of such incidents.

Edited by Walker570

16 hours ago, figgy said:

I started to hate the car because of the connection with MX5 OC.I was warned they were a bit Worthers Originals.They also have this pathetic WAVE thing going on.I actually debadged the thing but other than the owners the car was great.I did try the new ND, got what a **** car.

When I was a young man used to buy motor sports magazine .Advert on there for Lotus 7cotsworth In kit form £500..Mate  worked at Roots garage said he’d help me build it .We went for a test run it was rapid .  At the time guy said it was  faster than big bikes.Said I would have on.He said do you want us to arrange insurance.Told him yes I was 20.Said come back in 7 years .Ended up with aMK 2 Zodiac. Very nice car maroon and Ivery white wall tyres perspect sun visor  .Polished it twice a week loved that car.Then I got a TR4A wire wheels overdrive top came of walnut dash 12” steering wheel.I now run a  15 slk 250cdi AMG 2.2 twin turbo  369tauqe  .Dont need anything faster.For the near future.